JetBlue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.8

Ground Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about 2 months. Started with online application. Eventually received recording voice and then phone interview with recruiter. After the phone interview she informed me that I would be moving forward to in person on 11 Jan. The in person was scheduled from 1130-4. It started with a presentation and making sure everyone fully understood the requirements after having all applicants introduce themselves. There were about 40 applicants present. They explained that they were not looking for a set number and could literally hire all or none of us based on fit with company. After this they let us have a break to reconfigure room for small groups. Due to the large number they had to break it down into two sessions with the latter group waiting we'll over an hour to start. Actual small group was done with three applicants and two employees. Each person had an opportunity to explain why we were there. They were very friendly and although they expected STAR format to questions it was very informal. Received conditional offer pending background yesterday (1/16). I am very excited to finish process and start career with my new "family".

Interview Questions

• Name a time someone was not doing what was needed, what you did about it, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for JetBlue?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you discovered a safety issue, what you did about it, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Name your favorite position up to this point and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Offered standard $12.82/hr full time with benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I just took the online interview...because my laptop mucrophone was not working..i had to do it on my phone. The script was so small it was hard to read....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a group activity between 5-7 people where you introduced yourselves and answer one question about you that is given. Then as a group you are given a sheet of paper with questions that you have to answer as a group. Someone from the inflight team will be there watching you work together as a team and take notes. After that is done each group will present their question and team answer to everyone.

Then you spend about an hour with a JetBlue informational presentation regarding lifestyle, everyday as a JetBlue crewmember, pay, etc. At the end you will have an opportunity to ask questions and concerns. They will also give you potential class dates as well as advise you of paperwork that will need to be gathered once you are home.

You take about a 20 minute break and return for a debrief and the physical interview. The debrief is pretty much a pre-interview, or like most airlines the first round of interviews. The split you into two groups and one group goes to the debrief first and the other to the interview, then switch. You will also be doing fingerprinting throughout the day, most people did it while waiting in line for debrief/interview. At the same time as your waiting an inflight team member will also pull people out to do a reach test to see if you are able to reach 6'3" without shoes and read a PA announcement. Everyone at the interview is very friendly and welcoming.

They tell you that you will hear back from them within 2 weeks; however, emails came out almost immediately the next morning.

Interview Questions

• If you currently work at another airline, they will ask you why you would leave your current airline and sacrifice your seniority?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you had a conflict with another coworker and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time where you had to deal with change and how you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The interview process was awesome. Everyone is super friendly and the JetBlue crew members definitely make you feel as comfortable as they can. There is no need to be nervous. Just BE YOURSELF and you'll see how smooth the interview goes. BE YOURSELF!!!!!
    I received the job offer the following day of my f2f interview :)
    On the day of the interview:
    1) we watched a short video and questions were asked about the video.
    2) took a 10 min break and went back to continue with the interview process (make sure you take a shorter break)
    3) we got in groups of 6 and we were given a fun activity, which needed to be presented in front of the whole room! BE YOURSELF, BE SOCIAL, SMILEEEEE :) :) :)
    THEY GRADE YOU FROM THE MOMENT YOU ENTER THE ROOM!
    4) we watched another video and we were asked questions about the video.
    5) we took a 15 min break and then we went straight to an individual introduction with a chosen JetBlue recruiter (deep brief). (Like I mentioned before, the recruiters are all very nice.. talk to them as if you were talking to a friend).
    6) took PA test (reading test) and reach test
    7) did the real interview with another JetBlue recruiter and was asked about three questions.. They even give you time to think of the question if needed...
    8) did my finger prints and later my Spanish PA test
    9) Received the job offer the following day!

PS: Be who you are and be positive.
    You'll be fine!

Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY).

Interview

smooth and quick. easy going. no surprises. one hour long. I got the offer within three days. explain a difficult situation and respond how you handle it. what is your goal in five years

In Flight Crew Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to JetBlue online on January 4, 2017 for the Inflight Crew Trainee. I am making a career change after spending the last 25 years in law enforcement in Florida. I took the Inflight Questionnaire on January 10th. I then received a video invite on January 11th. I completed the video interview on January 12th. I received an invite to a Blue Review on January 17th. I am scheduled for the Blue Review on February 9th in Boston!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process so far has been great! I applied to Delta too, their process is much lengthier. I submitted my online application on 1/3/17, got an email to fill out a questionnaire on 1/10/17, got an email to do a video interview on 1/11/17, completed the video interview 1/14, and got an email for in person interview today 1/20! The video interview is a little awkward because you are just staring at yourself answering questions haha, but it wasnt bad! Anyone that has had a good amount of customer service experience will be able to answer the questions just fine! I am SUPER excited for my Blue Room experience I have heard so many amazing things about it! My interview is scheduled for February 9th in Boston... anyone else going at that time!? I selected no offer because I am still in process!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were frustrated at work and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Beach, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Assessment --> VI --> Blue review

I sent in my application online and got an email for assessment a day after. A week after I received VI and 5 days later I received a blue review. The VI was fast. They only let you think for 30 secs on each question.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The video interview was very nerve shaking to me. I studied all my answers. The very first question threw me off though. I don't remember what it was. I did receive an offer for my f2f. I'm so excited. I'm going Feb 17 at jfk. Is anyone else here going? It'll be nice to meet someone before hand. A familiar face makes it easier.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for JetBlue.   12 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JetBlue (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Video interview. The questions were as expected from reading other reviews, the difficult part was that you were only given 5 seconds to read the question when recording would begin for your answer. There wasn't time to think of an answer or compose yourself. It was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a sudden policy change and how did you handle it?   Answer Question