JetBlue Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

JetBlue Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

I applied on Jan. 1, the process took a couple of weeks. on Feb.17 I received an invite to the online video interview. march 1, I received another email inviting me to a blue review in long island, new york. the video questionnaire only had four questions and it was time. down below I put "NO OFFER" my interview is March 29th. I am so excited, Definitely will be spending my time here on glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

This is the 3rd airline I am applying to and so far it has been the most pleasant experience. I got a job at United back in September but after 5 minutes of having the job they told me I was too young, and just a couple months ago I got up to a phone interview with Virgin America but didn't get the job. I'm hoping I'll finally be able to achieve my dreams with JetBlue!

I first applied on the same day I saw that they were hiring on flightattendantcareer.com, April 1st 2017. I submitted the application in probably 20 minutes and 5 days later was invited to fill out the questionnaire. It is fairly easy with personality questions, and at the end there are 3 or 4 flight attendant situation questions with multiple choice answers.

On April 14th I was invited to record a video interview, and to be honest it was the most difficult video interview I've taken. I was on vacation so I wasn't able to do the video until April 17th. I looked for questions on glassdoor but they wound up being slightly different than the ones I had "studied" over the weekend, and while you can of course take a practice question, you only have 5 seconds to read and process each of the 4 questions. That was the hardest part because it took me 5 seconds just to read and understand them. Shockingly, I did the interview at around 5pm and received an email inviting me to a Blue Review at 1am April 18th (today). I went onto the link and chose the first available date, for the base in Long Island City in Queens NY on April 20th. The Blue Reviews are from 8:30am-5pm and the confirmation doesn't explain much, other than what to bring and what to wear.

So now I have 2 days and I am going to obsessively read over questions and watch videos and try to stay calm I guess. I'm really hoping that 3rd time's a charm!! (Didn't get an offer yet because I am waiting for training, so hopefully I'll know in a few days or so)

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were frustrated on the job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with a difficult coworker, how did you react?   Answer Question
    • What appeals to you about being a JetBlue inflight crew member?   Answer Question

In Flight Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online on January 1st, completed assessment, submitted video interview - prepare as much as possible for this because the video recording will be timed and you will only have 3 seconds before having to respond to each questions. You will not be able to rerecord your answers, attended f2f interview (Blue Review), ladies wear RED lipstick and pull your hair back! Bring a small snack with you, one on one will be at the very end of the day and you may be hungry by then. The face to face interview is all day and more like an orientation expect your behavior and participation will be taken into consideration so be yourself, keep perfect posture & smile until your cheeks hurt!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a flight attendant?
      Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Why JetBlue?
      Name a time when you had to adjust to unexpected changes.
      Answer Question

Tech Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a two on one interview, very well organized and there was an equal lay out between skill-based questions and personality-based questions. Overall, it was challenging, however, challenging in a good way.

Interview Questions

• Do you know who created and the meaning behind a PDF?   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very professional. First phone interview with the recruiter > followed by 5 interviews onsite with different managers and a director. The recruiter was very helpful setting up interviews and arranged days for me to come in. I had good time meeting the team, everyone was super nice. It seemed like a great environment to work in.

Interview Questions

• Went over your resume and typical BA/PM related questions   Answer Question

In Flight Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

People's processing differs from person to person, my suggestion is have some letters of recommendation they really help. The process is as follows, you submit your application, you will receive a personality test and scenario questions, please answer either strongly agree or strongly disagree. After that you'll get an invitation to do the video interview, dress nice and be in a quite area ALONE! It'll talk 15-20 mins. After the video, should you pass you'll get invited to the Blue Review which is fancy for job interview. During the Blue review I highly suggest you dress to impress. You will get an opportunity to choose where you want to have your blue review and a list of things you need to bring, three photo copies of your resume a copy of your passport, your actual passport pens and another form of identification. When you arrive you'll get checked in, my advice is to socialize with people around you even the JetBlue team there. They're all nice and there to help you. They DO NOT WANNA SEE NERVES, THEY DO NOT WANNA SEE A KNOW IT ALL, they was a team player, know the core values, the brand of JetBlue, what JetBlue stands for. At the Blue review you'll start in a
    Conference room and be chatted up for a little and everyone will introduce themselves, from there you will do a group exercise with five or six people, I suggest you work as a team and do not undermine your team mates it will hurt you, they're watching everything, answer all the questions as a team and decide as a team. If you don't agree with a fellow group member suggest something by saying " so why do you think that'll be a good idea or name" after the group you'll get a break, then will have a presentation which will last about an hr after that lunch will be given, then you'll be finger printed, you'll have to do a reach test, read a pa, a 1on1 debriefing, then a 2 on 1 interview. I highly recommend knowing the STAR format. Do not be nervous, smile and be you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After you get through the Blue review, you will be contacted via phone or email, should you pass, you'll be prompted to do some online stuff and your fingerprints will be ran and have to do a drug test.

Airport Operations Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied and then had a phone interview a week later. The questions were very easy. I then heard back that I moved on to the second interview that would take place at 8am and last until about 12. They said that I should be knowledgeable about JetBlue.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for JetBlue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY).

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks I applied on 1/4/17 and got emailed to the questonaire part on 1/10/17 the next day I was invited to VI where you had 5 days to complete and I decided to do it on the 3rd day I was asked 4 question 30 sec to think then I submitted. I received another email on 1/17/17 inviting me to the blue review F2F i picked the date for 2/17/17 JFK headquarters. So I'm still in the process but very much excited and ready stay positive and praying .. I put know offer due to the fact that I didn't attend my blue review yet

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jet Blue   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JetBlue (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to JetBlue Jan 4 everything went fast did assessment test the Video interview then invite to the interview in less than 2 weeks. The experience was great everyone was excited and very nice. It was at JetBlue headquarters in NYC. I got there they took my passport and a copie of it. We then went into the conference room they introduced themselves and the company showed a video then we had to play a game. Really easy! They put us in a group of 6 and 2 recruiters are watching and writing stuff down. You present your answers with your group. 15 min break. Come back watch a video then they take 1 hr to go over payment schedule and you then get to ask questions. 20 min break then they get ready for debrief, interview, fingerprint, PA, the reach test. Everyone is really nice so just relax and breath and please pay attention and listen!!! They said the debrief is just them getting to know you. The debrief was like a interview to me. So be prepared to answer questions like why JetBlue, why flight attendent, why would you leave your career for JetBlue etc. It's a lot of waiting and standing so ladies wear comfy shoes, smile and talk to others around you. The interview was the easy part the guy was really nice he asked situational questions you have to use the star method to answer (situations, task, action, result). It was my first time interview for flight attendant it was really awesome experience. I did not get the job it's okay because I know what I did wrong. I will apply again. Please just relax and listen and don't over think it's really easy and everyone is really nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond?   1 Answer
    • Time me about a time there was a policy change and how did it affect you?   1 Answer
    • What's going to the most challenging part of being a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JetBlue (Long Island City, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Intense at first. Everyone waits together as a group in the lobby. Once brought in the interviewers are very nice and try to break the ice. They do a bit of a round table and discuss company history and culture. You take a math exam and the do a 2 person panel interview, followed by a less formal closing interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at jet blue? describe how you know you've had a good day? describe how you know you've had a bad day? explain how you've overcome a conflict at work?   Answer Question