Jewel-Osco Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1.6

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chicago, IL).

Interview

2 Minutes long. I walked into a meeting with a boss that plucked my name because she recognized my name for 20 years ago. She told me who shew was in the interview. I have no idea.

Interview Questions

• What do you want from Jewel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayslake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Grayslake, IL).

Interview

There really wasn't an interview. As long as you showed up you got the job. The woman asked me one question and the rest of the time she talked about the job. She also explained what it meant that jewel was a union. Very easy. Offered the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

I had another offer that was more money. They wanted to start me off as a bagger for 8.60 and hour. Was looking for a bit more.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Oak Park, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I came in they asked me a few questions and then hired me on the spot. The questions were really easy it was more of a conversation than anything. No need to sweat it if you applied where I did.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Frankfort, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the same day, the recruiter at the Jewel Osco location I applied at gave me a call to come in for an interview the next day. When I went in for the interview, it was just 1 on 1 with the recruiter and we basically had a casual conversation. She commented on how close I lived to the store and made a few remarks on my resume and experience, but she didn't ask me any tough interview questions. After that she walked me over to the pharmacy to meet the staff there and the pharmacy manager. The pharmacy manager asked me if I had a license and if I had renewed it (since the license was going to expire the next month). After that, I left and was invited back the next week to finish up the hiring process. When I came back the next week, I meet with the recruiter again and was given an oral drug screen, formally accepted the offer, and initiated the background check. After that, the recruiter told me the background check could take up to 10 days so she scheduled my orientation (for 4 hours of pay) for the next week, told me about the uniform (black closed toe shoes, black pants) and that was it.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a pharmacy technician license?   1 Answer

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Montgomery, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I walked in for my first and only interview very prepared and knowledgeable about the company as I knew I was meeting the store manager. I was asked a couple of questions about my resume and availability. I was then I was told I was hired. The whole process took 5 minutes. It was not very structured at all and I think the manager was just looking for a warm body to fill a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. They asked me a couple of really simple questions about what my availability was and when I could start. After answering them, I was told I had the job. The whole process took less than 5 minutes.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Everyone with an interview gets hired, always young people for the bagger/cashier position to push carts. Crazy old customers, and low hours. Get called in a lot. Weekly Thursday pay.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was great I was 16 and they gave me the job. Then I worked it for awhile. It was then less cool. But I kept working it for awhile until I didn't anymore I never thought of going back in fact I got a new job 2 weeks later. It was OK.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Oh it was minimal I was 16 and they needed me to work there

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

She asked me questions about myself my work history we talked about 15 minuets then she did a drug test mouth swab we went over pay my availability uniform consented to a background check told me about the union and stressed the importance of great customer service and how important it is to be on time and show up for my shift

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation because of the union

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I walked into the break room and the lady basically explained the job like how customer service is the most important part. Then she asked when I was available and told me that I needed to come back the next day for a saliva drug test and if I passed the test then I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a union job so there's not much negotiation

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Oak Park, IL).

Interview

It was a casual interview and the manager was pleasent. He was sociable and explained what job and what kind of employee he was looking for. He asked me if I could work weekends and holidays, if I was interested in learning to decorate and possibly be interested in eventually going full time.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want a job with their company.   1 Answer