Jewel-Osco Grocery Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jewel-Osco Grocery Clerk Interview Questions

2.3

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Grocery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco.

Interview

Easy and they asked me to come with my mother. It was very straightforward and almost every answer they correct you. If they ask for an interview, you are most likely to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issues with you sleeping in or being late?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Jewel-Osco

Anonymous Employee in Chesterton, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chesterton, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Well, I was recently a bagger. My first week was okay. This week, like today, not good. I can't seem to do 3 aisles in 4 hours. I like did a quarter of it, like I did aisle 3 and did one side of aisle 5. And I don't know how many days I can take it. I had a meltdown so bad, that I think to myself why did I said I was interested in grocery. Being a bagger was easy.

Interview Questions

• Do aisles 3, 5, and 7.   1 Answer
    • Make sure the labels are in front.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alsip, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Alsip, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

sat with the manager, cracked jokes, got the job. manager told me what he expected. I said what I expected. he told me about the store and his employees. gave me some background about himself.

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (DeKalb, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Jewel is one of those places that if you knew someone who is working or has worked there makes it much easier to get a job. It is a one on one interview with the grocery manger and or the store director. After the initial interview the first day one will have to sit through safety videos and how to interact with customers. The majority of the coworkers are friendly and they make the transition from other jobs into this one quite easy. Having a background in customer service and knowledge of retail would definitely help in getting a job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in working at a cash register?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I filled application out in the morning and got a call back that same afternoon. They would call in around 5 people and interview one by one. Ask questions about personality, hobbies, how you would contribute to the company.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Interview

I was hired when I was 17 as a bagger. It was pretty much a walk on job, because my brother had previously worked at the same location. The interview was actaully more of for being innitiated into the company, just with the formality of an interview. I moved my way to the grocery department after about a year of bagging and pushing carts, and just a few weeks of cashiering.

Interview Questions

• It is difficult to answer some specific food related questions when you are not familiar with their everyday use and contents. Especially because there is a vast ammount of grocery products.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (DeKalb, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

The interviewer asked my past experiences how they pertained to the job I was applying for and asked if I wanted the job

Interview Questions

• How did your last job compare in job duties to the job you're applying for   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's retail there's not salary negotiation it was min wage

Anonymous Employee in Homewood, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jewel-Osco (Homewood, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

They only call if you meet their requirements. After that they take several people into a group for training and to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none