Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.7

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services in June 2017.

Interview

They called me out of the blue, didn't bother scheduling a phone interview and we're beyond rude. An older woman called and introduced a younger woman quickly. Gave no overview of the position, no information regarding their titles and began rapidly speaking. It sounded like they were outside on a busy New York street with lots of background noise. The older woman said things like "You need to speak up" cutting me off with "Yes or No? Yes or No?" I was appalled by the lack of professionalism. I ended up cutting it short after I had enough with the condescending tone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Microsoft Outlook?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience using Microsoft Office for mail merger for letter and envelopes?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience writing to Donors?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience using databases? I If so what is your experience.   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Regional Director via email within a week of applying. Interviewed, and was the first interview so the process might take awhile.

Interviewer was laid back. All staff appeared pleasant.

Fee for Service Social Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with clinic director, talked about work experience and goals for growth. Was asked if I was ok with having to build a caseload over a period of time. Was asked if I was comfortable working with a diverse population and also with children.

Interview Questions

• What type of population have you worked with?   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Interview

Through interview with the clinic director and then the clinic supervisor. Overall all it took a month after the interview for HR to contact me with an offer. The agency provided a very informative orientation where they give you a background on the company and the services that they offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer
    • What clinical skills can you bring to the table that you are willing to share with the other staff?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working with individuals of different racial background?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services (Staten Island, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I received an email that HR had forwarded my resume to the program director. Had an in depth interview that focused on explaining the program and where it was headed and how I could fit in there.

Then HR took over the process. I got an offer letter, I had to submit my references, proof of education and get fingerprinted. HR was extremely helpful- not only did they set up the appointment, but they chose a location close to my home.

Interview Questions

• Q: How comfortable do you feel in this environment with little experience?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel your background will be an asset?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services.

Interview

My resume was submitted via employee referral. I received a call a few days later for an interview. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes... I was interviewed by the Director and Office Manager. I was called about a week or two later saying I got the job, I just had to take a clerical exam (typing/Microsoft office) and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation at work; how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was given by two people together, one is programme director, the other one is the director of Data Analysis. To be honest, I was the first candidate that interviewed for this position, which was a down-side for me. And it's kinda pressured for me to interview by two people together, which was also a first time. Anyway, just get prepared being asked a very ambiguous technique question.

Interview Questions

• How to construct a query that can get a result through the MS Access   1 Answer
    • How you manage a task that you have never done before   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and went in for an in person interview. No phone interview first. They asked me to look over some data management processes. The position was new and seemed a bit scattered and vague. They seem like a great organization, but I wanted a more established and clear position.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was focused on my qualifications and experience as Human Resources. If I was familiar with the software HRIS, taleo, etc. The interviewer also asked what is my current salary and the salary I desire.

Personal reasons.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Far Rockaway, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services (Far Rockaway, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with the interviewer first, then a few days later was asked for references . Almost three weeks later I was called by an HR Generalist who first made a verbal job offer to me. Next, I accepted and then completed the paperwork electronically before coming in to review and finalize everything(including the written offer).Finally, I was scheduled to go in for fingerprinting the same day in a close location. I found it to be a very simple process overall.