JibJab Bros. Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at JibJab Bros. Studios

Sort:

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JibJab Bros. Studios (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The people at JibJab were friendly and accommodating. Interview questions were moderately difficult. They also asked several brain teasers as well, including the rope burning problem. Overall a positive experience, although they did not mention when they would get back to me at the end of the interview. I sent an email after the interview thanking them and received a reply two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Linked list question, find certain element in list, one pass only.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at JibJab Bros. Studios (Marina del Rey, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was fairly straightforward. Submitted my resume, and heard back within a few days. Interviewed at the Marina Del Rey office, and got the job offer in 3 or so business days.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience, skills, value added to the role, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JibJab Bros. Studios.

Interview

Process was fairly simple, applied online and had a phone screening with the hiring manager. Was brought in a week later for an in-person interview with the team. Each interviewer was very pleasant and the position was something I was interested in. Unfortunately didn't receive an offer with a very vague rejection email.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JibJab Bros. Studios.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview after being introduced by a recruiter. However, the interviewer had a heavy accent and was on speakerphone (despite being alone, as far as I could tell). It was very difficult to understand and respond to his questions. Someone in charge there should rethink the screening process.

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JibJab Bros. Studios (Savannah, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

Many of the art production illustrators, designers, and animators at JibJab are first hires right out of college. I was no different. This simply means that you're interview process is probably through that of a JibJab visit to your art college during a career fair or portfolio review event. That's how I got hired. Of course you have to have a strong portfolio, that goes without saying, but JibJab also likes to take the time to get to know the person behind the artwork - they really value the person as much as the skill/talent, and aren't afraid to invest in someone they think has potential and the right attitude even if they don't have the most mind-blowing work.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in learning to use software that differs from that which your school emphasizes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation. I did ask if they would help with my cross-country moving costs, and the answer was no (save your mileage and receipts and write it off on your income tax claim!).