Jiffy Lube Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jiffy Lube Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

1.6

Lube Tech Interview

Interview

I came to Jiffy Lube for an oil change when I was 16, very soon after I got my license. I saw that a friend was working there, and he informed me that they were hiring. i was interested, so i filled out an application and a good word was put in for me. i was called a couple days later with a request to come in for the "interview". it was very short; i guess they just wanted to get acquainted with me before actually hiring me. After, i filled out some new hire paperwork, then i was assigned a date to attend an 8 hr computer training session. i have worked at the shop ever since throughout college. i learned quite a bit at this job, considering i had no prior automotive experience.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (San Diego, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with RVP who is no longer with the company. Interviewed with DVP who is no longer with company. Was given offer 3 weeks after interview and BGC.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initial offer and I made counter offer with additional week vacation that was accepted.

Lube Tech Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very easy. There actually was not an interview, they just called me and said I got the job based on my snagajob application online. They called me into the shop and immediately got me started on the orientation process, along with the drug testing and background checks.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was which position I'm most comfortable with because I have had never had such a job before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much of a negotiation, the wage was set at $8.00

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Richmond, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Short asking if i knew anything about cars. The store manager will call you and ask you to come in for an interview and you do that interview in the lobby of the store you are interviewing for

Lube Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

I called the day before the interview to confirm and the district manager that set up the interview had no idea who I was? He set up the interview. Needless to say, I didn't even go.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tehachapi, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Tehachapi, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Very easy just filled out the test and started the next day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for a dollar over for lower bay

Oil Change Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Auburn, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I had applied to the local Jiffy Lube from a job website. Was contacted via phone the next morning to come in for an interview later that day around 1 PM. I show up with my resume in hand and ready to go, on time of course. It took approximately five minutes until the manager actually acknowledged me and provided me with the application to fill out. He told me to come and flag him down after I was finished. About fifteen minutes later the application was filled out and I tried to get his attention. He told me it'd be a few minutes longer as he was currently busy. I waited about another ten or fifteen minutes before another supervisor came over to let me know that they were too busy to conduct my interview.

I handed him my application, and they said they'd give me a call to reschedule. Never got a call back, and had no intention of going back if they had. If they can't properly schedule interviews, I didn't want to think what they'd have been like to work for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked no questions because they were too busy to conduct my interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Janesville, WI) in July 2011.

Interview

Received an application, filled it out, and then was hand a drug test form. Received a phone call about 3 weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the hours and days which I would be willing to work.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube (Peabody, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Called and asked if they were hiring. Was told to come down and fill out an app. Went down and filled out app and a w2. Was hired without an interview and asked to start the following day. Was not able to give 2 weeks notice at previous job. Found out after that entire crew had quit recently because location was 3 times busier than any other location in the area and have the same manpower and same wages. Then the manager transferred to another location a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Was not able to give notice to previous employer and burned that bridge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was told I would be given a raise to my asking wage after 30 days and proving I had the skills I listed. Then the manager left so I didn't get the raise.

Lube Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jiffy Lube in June 2012.

Interview

The manager was so impressed by where I attended school that he hired me on the spot.

Negotiation

N/A. They never got back to me.