Jimmy John's In-shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

1.4

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Managet introduced himself and gave background on the company. Also what i would be doing day to day ad working In the shop. Asked about my previous jobs,hobbies, etc. Pretty quick and easy interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Jimmy John's

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (New York, NY).

Interview

Sat down with the owner and was pretty much hired without being asked much. This kind of job is all about first impression. Dress nicely and be polite. There were a couple rules that surprised me: no visible tattoos, no visible piercings (except basic ear piercing). The guys who had a lot of ear piercings had to wear bandaids over the holes. People with tattoos on their arms had to wear long-sleeved shirts.
    No drug testing. No background check.
    After you are hired, they give you a sheet of the sandwiches and what comes on the them and ask you to memorize it. The day you come into work you take a written test on what the sandwiches are made of. This is very helpful to help you get started. Makes sure you know them well.

In Shop Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's in December 2016.

Interview

I walked in, was given an application and turned that in the same day. Two days later I had an interview, where we talked for a good thirty minutes, joking around a bit. At the end of it I was hired on the spot and two more days later I started work.

Interview Questions

• I was asked fairly general questions, one of them being to describe my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Very Quick and to the point. Only asked 2 questions. I was declined the offer because my hours didn't fit the hours available. The interviewer was very cordial and upbeat and the interview was EASY.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite Sandwich?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Franklin, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

There isn't an interview process. You basically do an application online, sign a could of e-forms for insurance purposes and take a sandwich test. If you pass you might start that day even.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the owner. Probably the smoothest interview I've ever been on. He was very informative about the job and the starting pay was okay for the position. Was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Clinton Township, MI).

Interview

Very easy, I filled out an application and turned it in in-person. Then a couple days later, I received a phone call from the General Manager to come in for an interview. I interviewed with her and the interview was very basic, a lot of the same questions you would get from any other part time job interview. Within a couple of days, I received the call that I had gotten the job and started shortly after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was told to come in at 10:00am for my interview. I get there and they said had scheduled me in for 11:00am instead. I sat there for an hour. A hour later, other people started to come in and the manager interviewed us in a group interview setting. He interviewed people who were applying for separate positions. Also,all he did was look at our applications. He asked little to no questions at all.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (East Lansing, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Very short interview, definitely more interested in hiring than finding good quality workers. They hire a multitude of workers because they have irregular shift times that keep them well staffed for peak hours. The only difficulty here means it is tough unless you are a manager to get any hours.

Interview Questions

• Would I be interested in pursuing a management position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Portage, IN).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. More like a discussion, very nice meeting. I met with the Manager. Who described the position to me during the interview. And telling me about the company. Also explaining the policies of the company and possible advances there could be.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my favorite and least favorite jobs were. What my goals were. What I expected to make $wise at Jimmy John's.   1 Answer