Jimmy John's In-shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jimmy John's In-shop Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Managet introduced himself and gave background on the company. Also what i would be doing day to day ad working In the shop. Asked about my previous jobs,hobbies, etc. Pretty quick and easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (New York, NY).

Interview

Sat down with the owner and was pretty much hired without being asked much. This kind of job is all about first impression. Dress nicely and be polite. There were a couple rules that surprised me: no visible tattoos, no visible piercings (except basic ear piercing). The guys who had a lot of ear piercings had to wear bandaids over the holes. People with tattoos on their arms had to wear long-sleeved shirts.
    No drug testing. No background check.
    After you are hired, they give you a sheet of the sandwiches and what comes on the them and ask you to memorize it. The day you come into work you take a written test on what the sandwiches are made of. This is very helpful to help you get started. Makes sure you know them well.

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

It was pretty basic interview, they asked about what kind of position I was looking for. My previous work experiences, my interests and future goals. What kind of skills I had, they pretty much wanted a better picture of who I was.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future?   1 Answer

In Shop Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's in December 2016.

Interview

I walked in, was given an application and turned that in the same day. Two days later I had an interview, where we talked for a good thirty minutes, joking around a bit. At the end of it I was hired on the spot and two more days later I started work.

Interview Questions

• I was asked fairly general questions, one of them being to describe my strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Very Quick and to the point. Only asked 2 questions. I was declined the offer because my hours didn't fit the hours available. The interviewer was very cordial and upbeat and the interview was EASY.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite Sandwich?   1 Answer

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Roanoke, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very brief. The store was just about to open and they needed delivery drivers ASAP. When I arrived there were about 5 other people in the store waiting for an interview. I waited 6 minutes to be interviewed. The manager was very nice and easy to talk to. She asked very simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • When can you start?   1 Answer
    • What are you studying at your college?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked in delivery before?   1 Answer

Team Member (In-Shop) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I turned my application on online and I got called a couple hours later. I sat up an appointment for the following Monday. When i came in they told me one other person was in front of me and to sit down. I could overhear the other persons interview and I knew what was coming to me by the time my interview started. Basically, they said that at this location they didn't need more of that position and that he was going to transfer my application to a different store.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Franklin, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

There isn't an interview process. You basically do an application online, sign a could of e-forms for insurance purposes and take a sandwich test. If you pass you might start that day even.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the owner. Probably the smoothest interview I've ever been on. He was very informative about the job and the starting pay was okay for the position. Was hired on the spot.

In Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Clinton Township, MI).

Interview

Very easy, I filled out an application and turned it in in-person. Then a couple days later, I received a phone call from the General Manager to come in for an interview. I interviewed with her and the interview was very basic, a lot of the same questions you would get from any other part time job interview. Within a couple of days, I received the call that I had gotten the job and started shortly after.