Jimmy John's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jimmy John's Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

1.5

Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

Consisted of being asked my work schedule and any previous experience working in the food industry. When I was hired, the atmosphere was not strict but not laid back either. Very uptight about the technique of wrapping the sandwiches.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any days where you would not be able to work?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any previous experience working in a kitchen?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had $15 taken out of my first paycheck for my hat and 2 shirts. They don't do direct deposits into your bank accounts and just hand you a check every other week.

In-shop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

Very Quick and to the point. Only asked 2 questions. I was declined the offer because my hours didn't fit the hours available. The interviewer was very cordial and upbeat and the interview was EASY.

Interview Questions

• Whats your favorite Sandwich?   1 Answer

Jimmy Johns Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Roanoke, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very brief. The store was just about to open and they needed delivery drivers ASAP. When I arrived there were about 5 other people in the store waiting for an interview. I waited 6 minutes to be interviewed. The manager was very nice and easy to talk to. She asked very simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • When can you start?   1 Answer
    • What are you studying at your college?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked in delivery before?   1 Answer

Team Member (In-Shop) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I turned my application on online and I got called a couple hours later. I sat up an appointment for the following Monday. When i came in they told me one other person was in front of me and to sit down. I could overhear the other persons interview and I knew what was coming to me by the time my interview started. Basically, they said that at this location they didn't need more of that position and that he was going to transfer my application to a different store.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's in October 2016.

Interview

I didn't even get an interview. She found me on indeed and asked me to come in for training immediately. A manager looked over my W2 forms and what not and asked we a couple questions.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Super easy, hired on spot, lots of listening going over the many rules (rules arnt too bad just a lot of detail about appearance) took about an half hour to an hour.

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked at a Jimmy John's before   1 Answer

Negotiation

"alright your hired"
    "Sweet"
    "When can you start"
    "Tomorrow"
    "Ok I'll see you here at 2 tomorrow"
    *Gets shirt and hat for me

Jimmy Johns- InShop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview was a process. First the interview took all of the candidates into a meeting room, we talked about what we knew about JJ's and other basic things, such as ice breakers, who we are, what we want to do with our lives, ect.Then, after the group meeting, we were sent back to the waiting room and he called us by the order we arrived. The interview itself was very easy and very positive. Make sure to seem enthusiastic, even if you stumble brush it off and continue.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's in September 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview process sat down with the manager and he asked what days I can work and was hired on the spot, before I started to work I was told I needed to brimg in a 3 year mvr (motor vehicle record)

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Akron, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

They scheduled an interview. When I called in to confirm my time, I was told that the manager had left to go to another store. I showed up at my appointed time, and was told that the manager was still gone and was now in a meeting so they were unable to speak with me. I was told they they would reschedule sometime in the next two days. A few weeks later, I still haven't heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any questions, since I never actually was given an interview.   Answer Question

Jimmy Johns- InShop Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's in September 2016.

Interview

My friend mentioned that jimmy johns was hiring. I went in a turned it into the manager, I got a call from him 3 days later. He told me to come in for an interview the next day. When I went in for the interview he handed me some paper work to fill out and I was hired! Very easy, but it helped knowing a few people working there already. Nice manager and I'm excited to work there!