Jimmy John's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

1.5

IT Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone call from a lower level Systems administrator who was excited and wanted me to talk to the Director. Email from the IT Director who then setup a phone call for over the phone interview. Setup in person interview. After interview received email asking for standard application be completed. Received follow up email stating that they were still talking to people. Never heard from again.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you okay with having to work 2 weeks in a store?   Answer Question

In-shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Franklin, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

There isn't an interview process. You basically do an application online, sign a could of e-forms for insurance purposes and take a sandwich test. If you pass you might start that day even.

In-shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the owner. Probably the smoothest interview I've ever been on. He was very informative about the job and the starting pay was okay for the position. Was hired on the spot.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sylvania, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Sylvania, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Turned in application in store, met the GM and set up an interview that week. She made it clear that I would also have to drive, which I was fine with. At the interview, I sat down with the owner and the GM of the store and they began to interview me.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weaknesses?
      Can you tell us about Jimmy Johns and our menu?
      Do you have car insurance? Reliable car?
      1 Answer

In Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Clinton Township, MI).

Interview

Very easy, I filled out an application and turned it in in-person. Then a couple days later, I received a phone call from the General Manager to come in for an interview. I interviewed with her and the interview was very basic, a lot of the same questions you would get from any other part time job interview. Within a couple of days, I received the call that I had gotten the job and started shortly after.

Cashier, Sandwich Maker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Ontario, CA).

Interview

Applied through online ad from craigslist, sent in my resume. Received a phone call for an in person interview the following few days. Was told at the interview it would be a week before they got back to people to let them know if they got the job.. I got offered the job the next day after interview, and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• If I was okay with their rules of NO smoking while at work, not even on breaks.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's.

Interview

I received a phone call from the manager after she received my resume from a craigslist reply. She said she was impressed and wanted to schedule an interview. Then she asked some basic questions like, "Why do you want to work here?" and "What experience do you have that will help you for this position?" We scheduled an interview for the next day. At the interview I filled out the application, then she asked me some more questions like "Tell me a time when you had to deal with a complaint and what did you do." "What pace do you generally work at?" "What is one of your weaknesses?" After answering, she said she had already called my references and that she was pleased with the response. She then offered me the position, handed me the menu to study at home, and asked what shirt size I would be needing.

Interview Questions

• "What is one of your weaknesses?" "What pace do you generally work at?" "Explain a time when you had to deal with a complaint, what did you do?" "Tell me about a time you worked with coworkers as a team,"   1 Answer

Guerrilla Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Champaign, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee. Went in for a group interview, about 20 people in the group. Took a picture, watched a video, had a short Q & A session. Ate Minni Jimmies. And then interview ended.

Delivery Driver/In-Shop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Abington, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy interview with one of the managers of the store. Told me how a typical day goes, dress code, and expected behavior. Then he gave me an application to write down my info and asked when was the first day i could work.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jimmy John's (Bradenton, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy face to face interview with the usual questions. I was hired on the spot. You have to fill out the application online which has a personality quiz. I had my interview with the area manager, but most of the time the GM conducts interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer