Jive Software Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jive Software Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Jive Software

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Their recruiter contacted me a day after submitting my application and conducted a quick phone interview to gauge my interest in Jive Software. They explained the hiring process which was avoided any surprises. I was also very appreciative that they informed me of the position's compensation and quota requirements from the very beginning. The hiring steps were as follow:

1. Submit application (through Glassdoor)
2. Quick phone interview with recruiter (very helpful HR staff)
3. Office interview with their 2 Sales Team Leads and Sales Manager (professional, cordial and friendly)
4. Mock cold call exercise (be persistent and do your homework!)
5. Job offer letter (sourced very quickly)
6. Background investigation through a third party company (quick process and very basic)
7.Orientation! (fantastic welcoming!)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Jive?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Jive Software

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jive Software (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within two days of submitting my application. I did a phone interview first and was told that after review, I would be contacted by the end of the day or very early the next day to find out if I made it to the next stage. I was contacted the next day to schedule the panel interview and once that was done, the recruiter sent me links, details on who would interview me, and advice. These things were very helpful as I am new to the computer software industry and really needed some coaching about what Jive does. By the time I was interviewed, I knew exactly what Jive did and I was able to give my interviewers information about case studies, etc., which I felt leveraged me as a candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online using Jobvite which was very simple. After a couple weeks, I was contacted by HR and a phone interview was conducted. The phone interview was fairly standard and I was able to learn about the company and what was going to be expected of me. I was then brought in for an in person interview with Sales Director, Sales Manager and one of the team leaders going over past experience and seeing if I would be a good fit for the company. I then had to complete a mock call with one of the team leads and had to qualify them using the BANT sales method. A few days later I was called and informed that I was going to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question I was asked was "what are 3 traits you can bring to the table and give examples of each of them".   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was extensive but was executed effectively. I was original informed about the position through a friend and previous co-worker. The process began with an initial screening with a representative from the People/HR department. I was then moved on to another brief phone interview with the hiring manager of my department. Roughly three weeks from the beginning of the process I was invited to interview in person at the Corporate HQ of Jive with two senior SDR's as well as a follow up interview with the hiring manager. The final stage of the interview was a mock call with a Senior SDR that required additional research about the platform.

Interview Questions

• Hardest question: what motivates you to succeed in sales?
      Biggest challenge: Mock call with Senior SDR required researching as much as possible from information available online but it was somewhat limited to find the ins and outs to pitch about the software.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

3.5 step interview process (out of area). A quick call to describe the position with the recruiter to set up a 30 minute Skype interview. Came into the office to meet the Sales manager and a few other Senior reps. Basic sales questions and experience. Last step was a follow-up after the interview for a mock cold call to the hiring manager for a role play on selling Jive.

Interview Questions

• The mock call can throw people for a loop because it takes more in depth research into what the Jive software provides for a potential client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial hiring process was very standard with application, resume, and cover letter submission.

Started with an initial phone interview with a member of the recruiting team. Standard conversation with the recruiter getting to know me, my experience, and my interest in Jive. After the interview was contacted for a second interview that would take place in office.

Second interview was three, thirty minute interviews with managers within the office. First two interviews were with SDR Managers and the final was with the SDR Director. Very positive energy throughout the interviews with more of a conversation-style than a direct ask and answer style of interview. Completed all three interviews and was told I would hear back the following week and would know if I would go through to the third stage. Heard back within two days to set up last interview.

Final interview was to test cold-calling and prospecting skills. Was given the name of one person within the company (one of the individuals I interviewed with) and was told to find their contact information, make contact, prospect, go through the BANT process, and to set up a meeting. Took multiple calls to get the contact on the phone and then set up a conversation time with him for the following day. Conversation was good, had to definitely keep him on the phone and needed to be persistent to set up a following meeting with a sales manager.

Approximately a week after the exercise I was contacted by the recruiter and was made an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No option to negotiate without prior cold calling experience

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jive Software (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied thru their website on a Friday. Initial recruiter call on the following Tuesday. Was asked very basic questions about my resume and previous jobs and also my expected salary range to make sure we were on the same page. In-person interviews scheduled that same week on Friday, with managers and the department director. Casual, conversational interview style with all of them, basically "getting to know you" questions. I felt that I got along great with all of them, and my own questions were answered candidly. My main concerns were culture fit, and career advancement opportunities. There was obvious excitement from all interviewers about the Jive product, delivery, and market success. I found their enthusiasm contagious. :) The third stage of their process was a "mock prospecting call" which I completed the following Monday. Offer came the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered the base package initially, but since I came with previous experience and I knew they were motivated to hire me, I asked for more. We settled on what I consider a great package. Negotiations were friendly and approval came fast.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jive Software (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Reached out over their website, got a call the next day for phone screen. End of week had completed my interview. Passed all interviews, then had a cold call test - passed.

Received offer 2 days later, process was smooth and quick.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to Jive that would benefit our current team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth, open, and honest - they answered any and all questions I had (upward progression, pay, etc.) and dud not beat around the bushes nor make any promises.

Something all candidates should look for in a prospective employer, and they passed with shining colors.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Everything goes extremely smoothly. I waited a week at most between interviews. Communication was fantastic. If I had a question, I could expect a response within 2 hours. During the process for my next interviews, I was always told who else would be involved. I felt comfortable talking to each member of their management team. There were never any off the wall questions, but there were some tough and "to-the-point" questions to answer.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jive Software (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The review process took place with the internal recruiter over the phone, then an in-person meeting with the Sales Development Manager and was an excellent experience.

For a first job out of college, the interviewers understood the lack of experience, but also what I could potentially contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to find an unconventional solution.   Answer Question