Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Fayetteville, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Completed my application online, called the store's manager and was able to get an interview. Interview was pretty breif, was asked some illegal questions- my age, where I lived and if I had children, didn't know they aren't allowed to ask that at the time. Just want to know what times you are available, how much you will make based on experience and how soon you can start.

Interview Questions

• How old are you?
    Where do you live?
    Any previous experience?
    Do you have children?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Kissimmee, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I was called in for an interview about a week after I applied online. I went to the store where the manager took me to the back office and asked me some basic interview questions and told me about the job and how I would continue the process of being hired. Every one was very nice and helpful. It was a great experience.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the store manager. It was one on one. They asked me a few general questions, also asked if I had any craft experience. It was about 15 minutes long and ended with them telling me they would call me. Called me back in about 5 days, began working after my background check (took about 2 days).

Interview Questions

• How would you help a guest with a general craft question? (I.e., "what kind of adhesive should I use for this?")   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.

Interview

The interview itself went great. The lady loved what I had to offer. She asked about any experience that might be useful here. I am an artist and very crafty so I mentioned that and she was happy that I had knowledge in the field. And more than qualified for the position as well.
    Before I left she said I was just what they needed and welcome aboard.
    I accepted the offer online on my account with them. Two weeks go by and the paperwork was taking a long time. So I call, only to be blown off for another week. Then I receive a letter in the mail saying they were unable to hire me because of a misdemeanor that occurred 2 years prior. I had previously disclosed to the hiring manager and she said it didn't matter.
    While I realize it may have not been her direct decision, she still could have let me know so I could have been looking for other jobs in that 3 1/2 week process.
    This was not a good experience, and I would not recommend applying here if you're not "perfect".

Interview Questions

• If a customer was upset or angry, how would you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Mentor, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

process was quick, submitted an app online and they got to me within the week, after an interview i started the next week working part time as i requested. words words words words words

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (North Canton, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

It was very simple, I walked in and chatted with the hiring manager for maybe 30-45 mins. She was friendly and kind. She asked mainly normal job questions and we chatted about sewing and fabric for a bit (as I quilt). Asked what position I was most interested in (recovery, stocking, cutting counter, framing, cashier etc).

Interview Questions

• If I sewed/quilted/crocheted/knitted, What projects I liked, why I wanted to work there, very normal basic questions.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Interviewed by the store manager. They just ask some basic questions.

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Elk Grove, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The process with interview went fairly quickly. Once they got my back grounds check back and everything was good I got the job. It took a while for Joann to get back to me cause they were hiring a lot people at that time. Then store went on vacation.

Interview Questions

• Do have any creativities. What are favorite hobbies. It was simple and easy going . I didn't feel nervous like usually on my interviews. My boss at time was an easy going person. She would asked me questions like tell when you had a difficult with a customer what did you do to solve the problem. Give me a time and place where the bad turn good.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

It was awful. No information about the company! All they wanted to know was why someone of my caliber was applying for this job! It was if I needed to say I was terminated and looking for a job to help with bills for the time being

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Benton Harbor, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Short interview very basic interperonal questions. I was hired with a handful of other canadites maybe desperation in the company was the reason for the generic interview and hire process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where a customer was unhappy and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None