Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

1.8

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.

Interview

The person interviewing me was very interested in what i was doing in school and in my free time. She also asked why I wanted the job as well as if i could get along with people.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Dublin, CA).

Interview

Dont wear jeans. No need to overdress either. Be prepared to be asked what creative skills you have, and learn the layout of the store beforehand. Be prepared to have to roleplay selling handsoap at the checkout.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Very to the point and simple, in and out very quickly. Told an associate I was there to interview and was met by the manager and taken back a few moments after.

Sales Associate/Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Falls Church, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Great Interview with questions on point and candid description of duties and expectations and benefits. It took a while to get interview ad background check completed thru online process. Interview was done in Group rather than 1:1 which did not seem fair to all participants to me - 1:1 was preferred.

Interview Questions

• What is best customer service experience you have had or given to another.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.

Interview

Applied online. Took 3 hour due to terrible site construction. Interview was quick and asked general questions. Nothing too special. Helps to have a craft knowledge of somesort, though that's optional. Criminal and background check. No drug test. Very little training though. More of a figure it out as you go job.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Nothing to write home about.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a job fair in a hotel. It was similar to speed dating but less personal. I was hired immediately as were 100 others. They weeded out by natural selection and then choose those they wanted to hire permanent after store set up.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores in October 2016.

Interview

Very laid back. I went in, we discussed what my interest was with the company, they asked some hypothetical questions and it was over. The manager was very nice and wanted me to be comfortable, not nervous. It was supposed to be a group interview with one other potential employee but they didn't show up.

Interview Questions

• What type of crafts do you do?   Answer Question
    • If a customer asked you they wanted to make curtains, what would you do?   1 Answer

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Opelika, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Sat down and had small talk answered a few questions and then took the tour. Then took the drug test and had more small talk until i was cleared and offered the job. Before i left i had the job and knew when i was going to be starting

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. The questions were very to the point, and it took roughly 45 minutes. You instantly were notified as to if you got the position via e-mail. The background check took 7 days, so it was a long process.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Fremont, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview lasted about 30-45 mins and was done by store manager. All questions were probably prepared by corporate and asked to all interviewees. The store manager offered me a position right after the interview, but I needed to do some online paperwork like background check before being officially hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions and some specific ones related to retail.
      What's your favorite place to shop at and why?
      What is good customer service?
      Why do you want to work for Joann?
      How can you learn about our products?
      What is your availability?
      Answer Question