Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and straight forward. They responded within 2 weeks and I got an offer after the interview process. Overall one of the easier interviews I've had to go through.

Interview Questions

• What kind of knowledge do you have that could help with this job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores in March 2017.

Interview

Basic interview, not a long process at all. Thought I did incredibly well, but there were so many applicants and only one position available, so I didn't get the job.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Shreveport, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and was called for an interview the following week. The store manager sat down with me in the break room and we talked for a good three minutes. She said as long as I passed my background check, the job was mine. I got an email 15 minutes later stating I was in the on-boarding process, and I was good to go, as long as everything came back good. It did, and I started working a few days later.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.

Interview

The person interviewing me was very interested in what i was doing in school and in my free time. She also asked why I wanted the job as well as if i could get along with people.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Dublin, CA).

Interview

Dont wear jeans. No need to overdress either. Be prepared to be asked what creative skills you have, and learn the layout of the store beforehand. Be prepared to have to roleplay selling handsoap at the checkout.

Custom Framing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehigh Acres, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Lehigh Acres, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I went in for the interview and I couldn't find a manager anywhere. I walked around for 10 minutes and finally found someone and she told me to go wait in the classroom. I waited in there for about 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment and she finally walked in. She sat down and she asked me why I wanted to work there and my experience in framing. She was telling me a whole bunch of stories we were laughing we had a very good time. Then she said that I would be contacted in three days. So I waited and three days came but then it was a weekend. I figured maybe that they're doing a background check and it takes till probably Monday to get the results back. Still didn't get a call and three weeks later I got an email. I originally did the interview for full-time custom framer and if necessary possibly part time framer. The email said that she had done a lot of thinking about it and they would rather me be a part time framer. However she said that the pay for full-time framer, which I asked for only $.25 more than I was making as a part-time framer at my old job, was too high for them. I knew I could get a better job elsewhere so I declined.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Pembroke Pines, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. I was called and scheduled an interview for that week. The store manager and hiring manager gave me my interview. I was informed at the end of the interview that they wanted to hire me and was told what I was being offered as starting pay. I then had to do some on-line quizzes that were easy and just informed me of the requirements, benefits, and expectations of being an employee of Joann's.

Interview Questions

• How many feet and inches are in a yard?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grants Pass, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Grants Pass, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Cattle call, nothing one on one. 8 other applicants show up at a table and wait, very unprofessional. Then after management late for interview time everyone sits there wondering WTF is going on? Elementary questions, first statement Is "This job pays minimum wage so leave now if you don't like it " what kind of a mature professional talks to a room of people like that? A lot of young kids work there as 28 hours a week per employee is allowed except management that gets full time and a lot of money, so when they cut your hours they receive your pay instead.

Interview Questions

• How many inches are in a yard, (really).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Very to the point and simple, in and out very quickly. Told an associate I was there to interview and was met by the manager and taken back a few moments after.

Sales Associate/Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores (Falls Church, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Great Interview with questions on point and candid description of duties and expectations and benefits. It took a while to get interview ad background check completed thru online process. Interview was done in Group rather than 1:1 which did not seem fair to all participants to me - 1:1 was preferred.

Interview Questions

• What is best customer service experience you have had or given to another.   1 Answer