JoS. A. Bank Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JoS. A. Bank Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Discussed strengths, weaknesses, as well as how one could assist customers as a "[fashion] consultant" as opposed to a "clerk".
The interview was one on one with a regional manager, low pressure, nothing too terrible. Friendly, and very professional.

Interview Questions

• How i could help change the selling selling model over toward what Mens wearhouse standards.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

After applying, I was called for a 1:1 interview with the Store Manager, which was conducted in the back room. I was hired on the spot. I can tell you after working for the company for almost 4 years that this was actually a little different according to JAB standards. Most interviews are conducted outside of the store, and will have a follow-up call if they are interested in hiring you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to discuss a previous experience with a difficult customer, and to also say whether or not I felt that 'change' was a large part of the JAB culture.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, ask a lot of questions. Very customer orientated. Wanting to provide world class service in every possible situation. The interview was in the back of the store which was pretty weird.

Interview Questions

• What are you inspiring to be in life and how will you get there?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Great friendly interviewer with high expectations for their employees. He asked if I was comfortable with measuring customers for suites; in which made me feel like they cared and want the best fit for their company. Very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Haverford, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Haverford, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

I went in and asked if they were hiring. They said they were and gave me the manager's email. I was in within a couple days to interview. It seemed pretty certain the manager wanted to hire me at that point so the offer was a formality. All told, it took just over a week to get hired and start working

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Not bad. Just talked to one of the managers for an hour or so.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Fairfax, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

More or less hired on the spot. I applied through the store portal online. I received a call about an interview within a few days. I came to the interview and it was more of a meet and greet. They explained a few policies and discussed terms of employment.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Quick meeting with the regional sales manager followed by onsite meeting with the store manager. Briefly discussed the products sold by the company and the clientele. Discussion about the seasonal nature of sales and a misrepresentation of how commission worked. Not a flat commission, but draw vs commission; meaning that only if the commission percentage of sales exceeded hourly compensation for a pay period would commission be paid.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about customer service and sales. Small discussion of priorities when selling.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure draw vs. commission is explained, ask for weekly sales goals (vs. actual) and estimate commission pay from that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

The store manager explained what she expected of me once I got hired. It was almost like a new employee orientation. However, I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Monroe, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

The applications are online, so don't bother going into the store to find out if they are looking for anyone. Once I finished the application, I was called by the GM a few days later. The interview was very straight forward and more informational.

Interview Questions

• How many suits do you own and which one is your favorite and why.   1 Answer