JoS. A. Bank Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

1.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Haughton, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Haughton, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called the morning after I sent in my resume and asked to come in that afternoon- had a fairly quick interview and offered the position for full time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?
    What do you like about retail?
    Do you have any experience in retail?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for JoS. A. Bank

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied in store, called by store manager within 48 hours. Met store manager, had a casual chat about the store and the new branding - JaB was recently purchased by Mens Warehouse - and the direction of the company.
    In the formalinterview, the SM asked the usual questions like 'why do you want to work here,' 'have you shopped before,' etc. She was very nice and upfront about her expectations and how I could grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you shopped here before?
      What would you do to alter the customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

A deep conversation about style preferences and personal qualities. I sat down with the store manager and we discussed how I would handle many different situations and how I felt about different style choices. We then went out to the store floor and he had me assemble a few full outfits to test my taste.

Interview Questions

• Make your ideal suit, shirt, tie, belt, shoe outfit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

Meet the Store manager, sat me down and got to know me, showed me store, and got back to me about the job with a few days. Very professional atmosphere

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

Sat with manager and was asked basic questions. Asked about previous employer, past experience. Given scenarios and asked how one would handle different situations. How would one deal with difficult customers? How would one work with a difficult colleague.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Online application and then the store manager looks at the application to see if applicants qualify for the position. Interview was a way for the manager to get to know the applicant and then the test of putting an outfit together.

Interview Questions

• Having to accept that you will be on your feet the entire time and having to work very long hours on the holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You may negotiate either you want to be paid on commission or be paid at a fixed pay rate.

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Issaquah, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial application was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. It has since changed to something that takes about 5 minutes if you're slow. The old app was an hour long personality inventory.

Interview Questions

• It was so easy anyone could get hired   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank (Castle Rock, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

Took about 3 days, the store needed people bad and basically hired me on the spot. I was asked to match a shirt and tie to a suit during the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to match a shirt and tie to a suit during the interview.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

Initially, you visit the company's website and fill out an application for your prospective location. They give you a call to set up an interview. The interview is very laid back and asks common questions, they will not ask you any questions that you do not know the answer to. Post interview they will either offer you the job or get back with you later. If you're offered the job, they'll have you visit the floor and put together an attire that they provide the details for (type of event, what the particular customer likes and does not like, etc.).

Interview Questions

• They will not ask you any question that you do not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job has a base pay plus commission.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JoS. A. Bank.

Interview

Apply online, then take an online assessment .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.