Jobvite Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Jobvite

2.9

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jobvite (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Recruiter invited me for a phone screen, then an invitation for an on-site interview at their San Mateo office. I had the chance to speak to 5-6 of the staff which was a 3 hr interview in total. I did not get the role for the Marketing Coordinator role.

Although I was not chosen for the role I applied for, what I did not find fair was when I then again applied for the company for a different role a few weeks later, which was the Event Marketing Coordinator.

I was invited again for a phone screen via email, but never got a follow up once I emailed them thanking them that they were willing to reconsider me applying for the company again. With my experience, I think it was unprofessional of them to ignore me when they're the one who reached out. I admire the company, but I don't admire their hiring process. It's unfair and disrespectful!

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current company?   1 Answer

Jul 13, 2018 – Jobvite Executive Team

Thank you for providing this feedback. I'm sorry your experience was not as we intended. We do strive to provide all candidates with a positive experience and continue to work towards improving our... More

Technical Support Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jobvite (San Mateo, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined and efficient, as you would expect from a company that specializes in talent acquisition and onboarding.

My wife was onboarding at a different tech company at the same time her experience was nowhere near as good as what Jobvite provided.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my experience with SaaS application support as well as my experience managing customer escalations.   Answer Question

Jan 16, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for providing your thoughts and feedback around the interview process you experienced. As we grow and scale, keeping the candidate and their experience at the forefront is a top priority... More

Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Jobvite (Burlingame, CA).

Interview

Recruiter was good until the face to face interview got completed. After that he was incommunicado until i sent a mail. The feedback was everybody liked me and only had good things to say.

Company and interviewers were all good. But i had to go to face-2-face for 2 days which was a drag. Also, 5 directors interviewed me....in total 11 people. This makes no sense unless i am a hire with cross team responsibilities, which i was not.

Also, it took them more than 3 weeks to get back to me to let me know they are opting for another candidate. I guess the issue might have been that i was a little overqualified for the position and was asking for above average salary.

The only issue i have is that i feel they wasted my time since they knew from the beginning my qualifications and salary expectations.

But the company folks and products are good.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. I was able to answer all the questions that was asked.   Answer Question

Jan 27, 2014 – Recruiting

We strive to be transparent with candidates during our interview process. We are committed to hiring the best qualified candidates for our open positions and to some, it may feel like a lengthy... More

Professional Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Jobvite.

Interview

applied online and contacted the local Jobvite person who posted this position via inmail, facebook and email. Since the company prior has Jobvite and this individual was associated with supporting our company I thought a return email or something would occur. Never once received a response..

Not sure that's the kind of company I want to work with.... so frustrating.

Sep 11, 2016 – Recruiting

Hello,
    I'm sorry you felt you had a negative experience due to not receiving a follow up email regarding this role. At Jobvite we strive to treat every applicant with the respect they deserve. We... More

Strategic Accounts Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jobvite (San Mateo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I flew into San Francisco for my final interview which was primarily with the Exec team. Seeing the energy and culture of the office had a huge effect and I spent 45 minutes with 5 key leaders discussing this newly created role. I found each person dynamic, extremely sharp and full of thought-provoking questions. As an added bonus each of them came to the interview in their Halloween costumes. I was in final consideration for leadership roles with two global corporate companies but after my experience at Jobvite I knew this was the home for me. There's no better place to come in and make an immediate impact while working with an extremely motivated group of your peers.

Interview Questions

• If you had to define your professional career to a basketball player who would it be and why?   1 Answer

Senior Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jobvite (San Mateo, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone screen interview with HR. Then on-site interview to met with the controller, people in revenue team, and HR to discuss this position. It was a positive experience and the interview process was highly interactive.

Interview Questions

• What my management style is.   1 Answer

Jan 23, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Team

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback around your interview experience. We strive for an interactive and positive overall experience for our candidates and am glad... More

SDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jobvite (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and a recruiter reached out to me regarding a video interview where I had a certain amount of time to answer the questions. This was over a month ago and I am still yet to hear anything back. Very disappointing as I took time off work to conduct this video interview so to not hear anything back is very disrespectful.

Interview Questions

Jobvite Response

Jan 6, 2017 – Recruiting

Hello,
    And our deepest apologies that it's taken so long to get back to you! We take all of our applicants very seriously, and we strive for a positive candidate experience.
    We've had a high... More

Cloud Computing and Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jobvite (Burlingame, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

They had a phone screening which involved some basic java programming concepts and an algorithm question. He also asked me a non-technical problem solving question and an extension of it when I solved the problem.

They also asked me to code a solution for a problem they had and send it back to them with how long it took me to do. It had to do with parsing and manipulating the data for a type of transitive closure.

My second interview with them was again technical, had to do with java/oop concepts, algorithms, and SQL knowledge. After this I had another coding question to do within an hour.

The same day I talked to the CTO who did more personality/HR like interview questions. I have not yet accepted or denied the offer they gave me.

Interview Questions

• If you have a list of numbers, how would you find the minimum difference(difference calculated in pairs)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, because I didn't have much to negotiate with. The offer they gave me was very good for an entry level worker.

Senior/Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jobvite.

Interview

The process began with a recruiter phone call. Then a phone interview with the Director of Engg who asked me some coding questions on collabedit. Then another phone interview with a Senior Architect. Then I was asked to come to their office. I met the Director again. He asked me some architecture questions and a coding question. The coding question wasn't easy and we were at the end of the interview. So he asked me to email him the answer. Then I met with 3 other engineers. Engineer 1 was decent - lots of recursion questions which I answered. Engineer 2 - he was more of an architect who asked a lot of design oriented questions. Engineer 3 - this guy was very inscrutable. You just couldn't read emotion on his face. He asked a lot of uncomfortable fit-type questions. He asked a coding ( sorting ) question and didnt even bother to have dialogue as I implemented it. He bluntly told me that my implementation did not meet the requirements. After this interview, I met the recruiter. I made it clear to the recruiter that the last interviewer was not exactly polite.

A few days later, I was asked to come back for a second round. But by this time I had accepted another offer with an easier commute.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of positive and negative numbers find the max subsequence ( only the value ) in the array.   Answer Question

Customer Success Advocate Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jobvite (San Mateo, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied to the position on a Monday, received a response within 2 days, for a video interview (totally cool and a little intimidating!).
    Within a few days received a request for a face-to-face interview that next Monday, and received an offer on Wednesday! Hired by Friday, started 2 weeks later!

Interview Questions

• Overall the most unexpected question I received was who would I invite to a party, living or dead, - name 3 famous/infamous people. I hadn't heard that one in an interview before, more along the lines of social profiles which is why it intrigued me.   Answer Question