John Crane Interview Questions in Morton Grove, IL | Glassdoor

2.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Planner Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Took hours with 3 different people after weeks of planning, Talked to people from different departments.I didnt even write back, meat grinder is then name of the place. They ask very much on your past and how it applies to them. Questions are in depth

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Four people including one w/ an HR manager. Interview was easy and basic questions were asked. I was only there for about 2.5 hours. It began with the HR recruiter who briefly phone screened me. I then went on-site.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cost experience? What systems have you worked with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little on the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly fast. It lasted for about an hour. Questions were not really basd on skill but on communication to manufacturing engineers. A big project is underway and they want someone who is not experienced but someone who will sit in back and watch and possibly program like we did in the early 2000's.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't have a plan of questioning for me other than explain a project you have worked on.   1 Answer

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview process was very short. Besides the human resources, they were very slow and took forever to get back to me regarding the drug test and screening process. The interview in itself took maybe 15 minutes asking questions directly from resume. Overall I wouldn't worry about getting grilled as there were only 1 person interviewing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not long at all

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

When I interviewed, I did a phone screen first and then had an on-site interview with 2 supervisors and 1 manager. I was also able to sit down with the group who would become my co-workers which was different but a good experience. They were all thorough and then I received a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was when I was given a print and asked how long it would take, how to process it, and what type of machine it would take. I estimated the time fairly close but did not have enough experience on the other items.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by someone in human resources. When I was being interviewed, I first met with human resources to go over schedule, etc. about the position. I then met with the head of the department I would be working in. That was about a 45 minute meeting. There was then a graphic design test to make sure I knew the programs. The test was administered in Quark. Their technology and computers are very outdated in each room. They are also still working with CS3. After I floundered my way through the test (I think Quark is a waste of time and everything should be done in Indesign, especially in a global company), I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was the test in Quark. I hadn't once been in Quark before the test, something I mentioned clearly in my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was absolutely no negotiation. They wanted to run a background check, credit check, and do a urine drug test. I thought this was extensive for someone sitting behind a computer who wouldn't be dealing with money or machinery, but I complied.

CNC Machinist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I was quizzed on my technical ability, given a brief tour, however the company vetting process is very long and if you have an offer on the table from a different employer you may be off the market by the time John Crane gets back to you, typicallya month or more.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe symbols on a process drawing.   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Lot of questions. Was interviewed by three people. Explained some of the job duties but emphasized new opportunities. Glossed over the day to day stuff. Had some questions about my education and if I intended on perusing any further education. Not much different than other interviews I have been on.

Interview Questions

• Did I research the company? Am I familiar with materials such as alloys and ceramics? What experience do I have with pumps?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were a little slow with the offer.