John Deere Assembly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Ankeny, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

First they were late by at least 15 minutes, wish I just left, or at least I should have left, then for some reason I was interviewed by three different people, it took kind of long. All to answer very generic questions that I have heard in other interviews. The first problem here is when you are being interviewed with other people, never seen that ever. Basically the interview convinced me that I most likely did not want to work there. Problem here is that I did not really learn anything about John Deere, no real exchange of information, like they really have something up their sleeve, and just seeing if I am dumb enough to just go along. Sometimes I wonder why I have consistently done these interviews, only to think later that I was just wasting my time. I am serious, this was not really an interview. The questions they ask demand a lot of time, but well I know I do not have a lot of time, so it is kind of like being trolled. The whole thing is automated, I am sure I would have loved to ask why 700 people essentially quit instead of coming back. But before that I remember taking test were they had you look at a screen with a bunch of random images and have you recall it immediately... It is a real no sequitor. I would have declined their offer given the chance, too many red flags.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.... You were blamed for something.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Davenport, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Hiring process takes some time about little over a month from when you apply to getting a final job offer. Interviewing for John Deere went pretty smooth nice people , very professional but also make you feel welcome. Interviews take about 2 hours. Mostly behavioral type questions and " tell me about a time when.. " type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you improved safety in your work place ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Dubuque, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

Three thirty minute back to back interviews. Just read questions off a sheet of paper. Not very personal. Was always scheduled with at least 10 other people. No real sense of being important to the company. Makes you think you are a temp worker at best.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milan, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Milan, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Very positive and professional atmosphere. My interview went very smoothly and the process didn't take very long. I can't wait to start working at John Deere and I hope to eventually receive an office position when I finish my Bachelor's Degree.

Interview Questions

• How well do I work with others   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (East Moline, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy and intimidating. My interview lasted at least an hour and a half between two separate interviewers. Make sure to dress and speak professionally because they will call you on it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you made your work environment better or safer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

STAR interview process, hair drug test. be 15 minutes early to interview. don't try to hide anything because they will find out. they do a very in depth background check. they go back seven years on your criminal history

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation at all. wages are set per the Deere and Company UAW bargaining unit agreement

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was long and tedious. They throughly screen their applicants. If you pass the brief online survey application, they call you in to take a computer test, some time later you are invited for a one-on-one interview with two employees, that's two interviews, and some more time later, they call to make an offer of employment.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

I had two men interviewing me back to back. I also had a phone interview along with a panel of people asking questions afterwards. I asked if they had a supervisor job available they said not at the moment but maybe later on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a problem with a co-worker and how did you work through it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Ankeny, IA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process can be a long wait I applied online and it felt like a long time before I was finally called to have an actual one on one interview I fully believe my father in law got me the job since he went in and recommended me since he retired from the job he got me in a lot faster than if he didn't do that they were at the time hiring a lot of people so the paper work was piled up, they likely put me up higher on the list afer that.

After I did finally got a call for the interview it went quickly you show up and they ask you questions to see if you are the right person for the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you help someone out on the line if they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My advice is you are their for yourself you are not their to lick their boots thats not what they are looking for in a worker they want someone who is willing to work hard and is in it for themselves more than making the company look good thats what the interviewer told me anyways you are their to make money not an ego.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Long, a lot of getting to know you. Two different people interview you, each ask just about the same questions. Took a total of 2 hours, 1 hour each interviewer. Business casual dress.