John Deere Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at John Deere

3.2

Engineer Interview

Interview

It begins with a Phone interview followed by an on-site interview. Phone interview will have both technical as well as HR questions. They provide all the travel and accommodation expenses. Very friendly people

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed at my university through its career fair. Two people were interviewing me at the same time with situational questions. I received an onsite interview about 2-3 weeks later where I flew to Moline, IL. There were I believe 4 groups of 8 that day to interview so there was a lot of competition. I interviewed with two experienced employees at different times. They were still situational based but friendlier.

Interview Questions

• Why John Deere? How did you come to apply for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied, contacted with phone interview and proceeded to on-site interview. Questions were STAR based, and behavioral situations. Phone interview was technical based. After on-site interview, it took about a week to inform me they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to perform something against your ethics and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (University, MS) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 10 days. There was a very professional group for engineering position interview. the whole process was relax and respectful, again, be yourself and be honest, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• what's the time that where was a problem you worked with someone you felt difficulty to work with, how did you do that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

I had one On-Campus interview that lasted 50 minutes. They asked basic behavioral questions. They then offered to fly me down to Moline, IL for a second interview; I accepted and i had two 45 minute interviews. They asked most of the same questions as the first interview but with more time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of success?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Deere (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere in August 2016.

Interview

Essentially used the STAR method (situation, task, action, result). Several questions back to back from each interviewer. At times, questions were exactly the same between interviewers. Be prepared with specific situations describing various scenarios in order to fully address these questions as they always want a detailed answer.

Interview Questions

• At what point in your career were you the least satisfied and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Started with an initial interview at school. Traveled to Moline for series of 3 interviews - 1 hour each. Each interview followed the same model - STAR questions. All interviewers were engineers from somewhere in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied Online. Had a single phone interview with one of the engineers there. Then fly out to headquarters for a half day interview, tour of headquarters, and lunch. Overall was a cool experience and got a lot of practice interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

If they like you, they might first call to see if you are still interested. Then a fitment call can happen, to hear if you would be a good fit. If so, an interview is scheduled. This is the Targeted Selection behavioral interview, and rates you using the STAR process. Search for it on the net. Look for Targeted Selection Engineer questions or something like that. You want to show the key behaviors. Highest score pretty much wins. You will get at a minimum of 2, 1 hour long interviews, each one with 2 interviewers with their own question sheets.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with a diverse group.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had a differing view than your boss.   1 Answer