John Deere Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere in August 2016.

Interview

Essentially used the STAR method (situation, task, action, result). Several questions back to back from each interviewer. At times, questions were exactly the same between interviewers. Be prepared with specific situations describing various scenarios in order to fully address these questions as they always want a detailed answer.

Interview Questions

• At what point in your career were you the least satisfied and why.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Engineer Interview

Interview

It begins with a Phone interview followed by an on-site interview. Phone interview will have both technical as well as HR questions. They provide all the travel and accommodation expenses. Very friendly people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed at my university through its career fair. Two people were interviewing me at the same time with situational questions. I received an onsite interview about 2-3 weeks later where I flew to Moline, IL. There were I believe 4 groups of 8 that day to interview so there was a lot of competition. I interviewed with two experienced employees at different times. They were still situational based but friendlier.

Interview Questions

• Why John Deere? How did you come to apply for this position?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Talked with John Deere reps at college career fair, received a call that night to schedule an on campus interview. Interview is mostly situation based questions. They are know for being tough interviews and slightly impersonal. Ask my interviewer what he liked most about John Deere, I was told being smarter than everyone else.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used numbers to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

All questions were STAR questions. They asked a lot about past experiences, how you dealt with them, and what you learned. Some were hard some were pretty simple but he didn't like a lot of the answers I gave him.

Interview Questions

• What's a time where there was a problem and you used your mechanical expertise?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (University, MS) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 10 days. There was a very professional group for engineering position interview. the whole process was relax and respectful, again, be yourself and be honest, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• what's the time that where was a problem you worked with someone you felt difficulty to work with, how did you do that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

i applied through my school's career fair and I got a phone call the next day for an on campus interview. It was a standard behavioral interview and a week later I got an email to goto company HQ for a final round interview. it was 2 interviews, each 50 minute slots and standard behavioral questions were asked followed by a tour of the HQ.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent risk you took?
      Why do you want to work for us?
      Tell us about a time you failed   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Deere (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied, contacted with phone interview and proceeded to on-site interview. Questions were STAR based, and behavioral situations. Phone interview was technical based. After on-site interview, it took about a week to inform me they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to perform something against your ethics and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Started with an initial interview at school. Traveled to Moline for series of 3 interviews - 1 hour each. Each interview followed the same model - STAR questions. All interviewers were engineers from somewhere in the company.