John Deere Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.1

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

This was a shorter pre-interview in their selection process at a career/job fair. If they like the applicant they then enter more interviews for John Deere to decide if they like the applicant. It was a great process that was very well run with great interviewers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I conducted a phone interview, then attended the Thurgood Marshall College Fund Leadership Institute in Washington DC for an in person interview. The interview took place in a room where other student were being interviewed. I have to go to HQ for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• One time when working in a team did not work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied during a conference and did first interview at conference, two weeks later got an email to fly to Moline for a 2nd interview. Pretty standard interview with situational questions that require STAR method answers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you overcame a difficult challenge. What was the challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

First round in career fair, second round behavioral, third round unknown. Second round interview lasted over an hour of non-stop behavioral questions. Be prepared, and be aware of specifications between school/work/personal life, for the questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you performed suboptimally for a project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Received an email from headquarters wanting to do a short interview with me over the phone. Had an hour long behavioral interview after that with a specialist in the area I wanted to go into. Didn't hear from them for a few weeks and after I followed up they got back to me. Then had an hour long interview with hiring managers and received a very short and unprofessional email the next day saying I didn't get the job. It would have been nice to have a phone call or personalized email instead of an automated email they send to everyone. I put a lot of time, effort, and stress into the interview process and a little respect for candidates goes a long way with their reputation.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Met potential recruiters through career fair. After meeting with recruiters at career fair, first round interview invites were sent out. After the first round interviews, if things go well, you will be invited to a second round interview at HQ. If that goes well, an offer will be extended and you will have 2 weeks to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to analyze financial results?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere (Fayetteville, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

Three employees were there screening for possible applicants. They decided within 2 minutes if they wanted you to come back the next day for a 1:1 interview. 5 people were selected out of roughly 300.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I got an interview at a career fair, strictly behavioral. Then I was flown to their headquarters in Moline, Il for a second interview also behavior. In Moline I was interviewed by two different engineers separately.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, they asked me about tough projects. Working with bosses I disagreed with, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to a representative at a school career fair. Called me that night to schedule an interview for the next day. The interview was at my school's career center. I was interviewed by an Engineer for about 45 minutes. The questions were behavioral questions following the STAR format. After the behavioral questions I was asked if I had any questions. Then at the very end I was told what the next steps would be (2 more interviews at John Deere). I got an email 2 weeks later saying that they weren't going to invite me for the next 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a team member was not contributing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

First round of interviews was completed on campus on the day after initial meeting at campus job fair. For the second round of interviews, they fly you to Moline for round-robin style interviews.