John Deere Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

Round 1:

1 on 1 interview that is very relaxed. Answers must all be in STAR format to their behavioral based interview questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

First round in career fair, second round behavioral, third round unknown. Second round interview lasted over an hour of non-stop behavioral questions. Be prepared, and be aware of specifications between school/work/personal life, for the questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you performed suboptimally for a project.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Received an email from headquarters wanting to do a short interview with me over the phone. Had an hour long behavioral interview after that with a specialist in the area I wanted to go into. Didn't hear from them for a few weeks and after I followed up they got back to me. Then had an hour long interview with hiring managers and received a very short and unprofessional email the next day saying I didn't get the job. It would have been nice to have a phone call or personalized email instead of an automated email they send to everyone. I put a lot of time, effort, and stress into the interview process and a little respect for candidates goes a long way with their reputation.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Met potential recruiters through career fair. After meeting with recruiters at career fair, first round interview invites were sent out. After the first round interviews, if things go well, you will be invited to a second round interview at HQ. If that goes well, an offer will be extended and you will have 2 weeks to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to analyze financial results?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Talked to a few recruiters at a career fair. I had an interview then ...they asked 5-6 behavioral questions ... Then I was invited for a second round interview in Moline... They gave us a company tour and the interview questions were similar to the ones they asked at the first interview. They had 2 interviews in moline

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something didn't go your way   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Headquarters intern position required 7 interviews. At the final interview, each 30-minute session was with a difference John Deere manager. Much preparation was put into the "STAR" process. Questions were divided into sections along the lines of financial, personal, experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was an individual financial struggle that you had and overcame?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not at the point of hire, but rather with the HR department.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere in September 2014.

Interview

Apply through the university and apply online. For this Accounting internship, you have to prepare your resume and review what you want to know about John Deere for the interview. I was interviewed at BYU's campus and had I done well the first time, I would have been invited for a second interview in Moline, Illinois. After the interview on campus, I lost interest.

Interview Questions

• After reviewing trends in financial statements or other charts, what underlying themes did you identify in your analysis?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed off site at a career fair. The questions were situation-based so they mostly started with "Tell me about a time when..." After the first round of interviews, you are contacted for the second round which involves you being flown to the John Deere headquarters in Moline, IL. You then go through 2 interviews in 4 hours where your previous interview and transcript are reviewed. Then you are asked more situation based questions, sometimes the same ones as you were asked in the first round.

Interview Questions

• The question was "Tell me about at your biggest defeat and how you overcame it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. They tell you what the offer is and you can either accept or decline

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied during a conference and did first interview at conference, two weeks later got an email to fly to Moline for a 2nd interview. Pretty standard interview with situational questions that require STAR method answers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you overcame a difficult challenge. What was the challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

This was a shorter pre-interview in their selection process at a career/job fair. If they like the applicant they then enter more interviews for John Deere to decide if they like the applicant. It was a great process that was very well run with great interviewers.