John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

Expect to be grilled on the STAR method. Interviewer will interrupt you multiple times and tell you things like "you aren't answering my question correctly" and "don't tell me about that, tell me about this instead" to try to throw you off and frustrate you.

I also found them to be very accommodating and unresponsive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you wanted to improve on a new skillset and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Human Resource Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely well constructed, smooth, and efficient. The human resource representatives provided all of us with the best hospitality possible. Everyone was welcoming and explain the position in much detail. The process was very efficient and there was no wasted time. Overall, it was an enjoyable experience, and I am happy that I was given this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What aspects do you like most of your previous company's culture?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Interview

The interviewer was disorganized, uninterested, and all over the place with their questions, even asking the same questions except worded differently. The interviewer even admitted to this, but I still think it is unfair to the candidate.

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career site and talked to a recruiter during the career fair. The interview was on-campus with one of the recruiters who visited my campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a project you worked on didn't meet the specified output.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Ankeny, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

First they were late by at least 15 minutes, wish I just left, or at least I should have left, then for some reason I was interviewed by three different people, it took kind of long. All to answer very generic questions that I have heard in other interviews. The first problem here is when you are being interviewed with other people, never seen that ever. Basically the interview convinced me that I most likely did not want to work there. Problem here is that I did not really learn anything about John Deere, no real exchange of information, like they really have something up their sleeve, and just seeing if I am dumb enough to just go along. Sometimes I wonder why I have consistently done these interviews, only to think later that I was just wasting my time. I am serious, this was not really an interview. The questions they ask demand a lot of time, but well I know I do not have a lot of time, so it is kind of like being trolled. The whole thing is automated, I am sure I would have loved to ask why 700 people essentially quit instead of coming back. But before that I remember taking test were they had you look at a screen with a bunch of random images and have you recall it immediately... It is a real no sequitor. I would have declined their offer given the chance, too many red flags.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.... You were blamed for something.   1 Answer

Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter to have an online interview with a hiring manager and an environmental engineer through Skype. Set up a time and had the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a phone call interview. I was interviewed by two managers. Asked mostly about my previous job roles and looked after whether I have required skill set or not.

Interview Questions

• What are roles in my previous job?   1 Answer

IT Early Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was a simple set of behavioral questions and the interviewer asked about job location preference and travel preference. I had a very amicable conversation with the interviewer and felt comfortable asking questions about the nature of the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where your enthusiasm may have gotten in the way of a group based objective.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward using the star method. They made it clear to me that they will use star method before I interviewed. I interviewed with two people who work both in supply chain. They were very friendly and they made the interview a very comfortable environment. I do not have an offer yet but I hope to receive it in the next two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you did something innovative   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Providence, RI) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call, lasted about 30mins, The guy I talked to asked me to walk through my resume and then proceeded to ask me why I was interested in John deere, over and over again