John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

This was a shorter pre-interview in their selection process at a career/job fair. If they like the applicant they then enter more interviews for John Deere to decide if they like the applicant. It was a great process that was very well run with great interviewers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Approached them at a university career fair. Offered an on campus interview the next day. It was a behavioral interview with one other person. Overall it was a basic process, but the interview was very unnatural and awkward. It didn't feel like a conversation because the interviewer was buried in her notes the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you designed something that didn't work out as planned.   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Approached them at university career fair, got called for an on-campus interview the next day. Within 2 days I received an offer to interview at headquarters in Moline. On-site interview took one morning and consisted of 2 interviews with a tour afterwards. Was told to expect a letter from them within 2 weeks regarding ANY decision (yes, no, still looking), but never heard anything from them. Everything up until the end was very nice and professional, but not hearing back led to a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.... (all STAR based behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I received a phone screen followed by an actual interview, which was mostly behavioral after some resume based questions. It lasted maybe 40 minutes, and I got to ask some questions at the end. Since I wasn't able to be there in person for the interview, they conducted it via skype.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult group you've had to work with.   Answer Question

Machining Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere in April 2016.

Interview

The whole process took around a month. Applied online at the end of March through the Career Section recommended email. Within 2 weeks, I got a phone screening. The week after I received an email saying that I had advanced to the onsite interview. They flew me to the Automation plant in Waterloo, IA. The standard interview process with 3 different people and a tour of the facility at the end. The questions were based on the STAR method questions and some personal questions, related to the resume.

*Still waiting on an offer*

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe the most successful thing you have ever done? Explain the actions taken and the results.
      2) What is the most technical thing you have ever been a part of?
      3) Describe a time when you had to learn something out of your comfort zone?
      4) Describe a situation where you went above and beyond to meet a goal?
      5) Explain a scenario when you conveyed an upper level order to your team mates/employees?
      Few more just like these...
      Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

My internal experience was interesting. You need to have plenty of STAR experiences memorized so that you can share how you would handle situations. There are many to study from and the library internally will help tremendously. The experience I had was great, and it was very nice to get to know others in different locations and what they are looking for, so overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were put in a stressful situation. What was happening and what did you do to manage the situation?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Received an email from headquarters wanting to do a short interview with me over the phone. Had an hour long behavioral interview after that with a specialist in the area I wanted to go into. Didn't hear from them for a few weeks and after I followed up they got back to me. Then had an hour long interview with hiring managers and received a very short and unprofessional email the next day saying I didn't get the job. It would have been nice to have a phone call or personalized email instead of an automated email they send to everyone. I put a lot of time, effort, and stress into the interview process and a little respect for candidates goes a long way with their reputation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

First round in career fair, second round behavioral, third round unknown. Second round interview lasted over an hour of non-stop behavioral questions. Be prepared, and be aware of specifications between school/work/personal life, for the questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you performed suboptimally for a project.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Deere in March 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview before the final interview. For the final interview they flew me out to the company. I had a panel interview with two parts. The first was a technical interview to see my competency in programming, experience from past work projects and financial understanding. The second was a behavioral interview with STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project that required complex data manipulation or merging with missing data.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

I was interviewed at my university through its career fair. Two people were interviewing me at the same time with situational questions. I received an onsite interview about 2-3 weeks later where I flew to Moline, IL. There were I believe 4 groups of 8 that day to interview so there was a lot of competition. I interviewed with two experienced employees at different times. They were still situational based but friendlier.

Interview Questions

• Why John Deere? How did you come to apply for this position?   Answer Question