John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

There was a two-round interview process. My first round interview was at a conference with a panel interview with two interviewing me. The questions were general behavior questions where you explain your resume and answer basic questions. I heard back within the week and was informed I'd be moving on to the second stage. For the next round they fly you to HQ in Moline, Illinois. I was interviewed in a one-on-one stay with two different interviews. I was offered a position within the same week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked on a project within a difficult group. Most of the questions were group orientated.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

All behavioral question and there could be some technical questions depending on your position eg Architect. It is straight forward. They use a STAR method that they want candidates to answer questions with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a difficult task? What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Deere in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Process took 2 months. Went through a series of 3 interviews. Overall everyone I talked with seemed very interested in getting to know me and trying hard to sell the company to me. I enjoyed the process and felt like they really were glad they hired me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

This was a shorter pre-interview in their selection process at a career/job fair. If they like the applicant they then enter more interviews for John Deere to decide if they like the applicant. It was a great process that was very well run with great interviewers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Approached them at a university career fair. Offered an on campus interview the next day. It was a behavioral interview with one other person. Overall it was a basic process, but the interview was very unnatural and awkward. It didn't feel like a conversation because the interviewer was buried in her notes the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you designed something that didn't work out as planned.   Answer Question

Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Really nice process! I interviewed at my college campus and then at headquarters! Everyone was friendly and the process of a full day interview was not as bad as I had thought it was going be! They do a good job breaking up the day and making everyone relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when the task you had was unclear, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I went to a career fair and talked to a recruiter. After 2 weeks, I got an email saying I should apply online. Then received two phone screens, about 2 weeks apart. Both behavioral. Was asked about team projects and experience. A day after I did my last phone interview, I received an offer.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. Deere came to campus for the career fair and I talked to them then. A few days later I got an on campus interview and then an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Coolest project you worked on
      How you work on a team
      Why Deere
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I conducted a phone interview, then attended the Thurgood Marshall College Fund Leadership Institute in Washington DC for an in person interview. The interview took place in a room where other student were being interviewed. I have to go to HQ for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• One time when working in a team did not work.   1 Answer

Mobile Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for a position as a Mobile App Developer for iOS and Android on a contingent basis.
    Got a response and interview within a week of applying. Was told before hand that the interview would start with a behavioral portion and end with a coding test that had a 2hr time limit.

The behavioral portion took 30-45mins. After expressing a stronger skill with iOS, the interview revolved around the swift language and Xcode. Was asked how I would handle various scenarios, what class would I utilize during which occasions, what problems arise if a certain route is taken, and the typical core practices with coding.

For the test I was asked to build a basic app that meeting a given prompt's requirements. In a broad sense I had to: parse json from a given URL, populate tableView cells with the retrieved data. A given cell would segue to a detailed view controller that displayed more information on the given object. The detailed view encapsulated a button that navigated to another VC that had the have the user ability to update a property of that object via user input. Updates would be reflected through out the view stack. I was also allowed to reference any source I wanted (i.e. Goolge, stack exchange), not many restrictions.

At the time I had a minimal amount of exposure to parsing json. Initially I wasted a lot of time cyphering through the internet trying to find and panically interpret references for this. because I first focused on what didn't know how to do, instead of cranking out what I did know how to do, by the end of the two hour period I had an incomplete product that would not compile. I expressed the that flaw when submitted the app and they said they will review it and get back to me. Near the end of the week I got a response saying they are still reviewing the code, saw I had trouble parsing, but could also see where I was going with it and they would get back to me next week. By that time, for the sake of my own self esteem, I had actually revised the code to accomplish what it should have accomplished during the interview test. I replied to their email pointing out the process I wished I would have taken on the day of the interview (built the functionality first—using test data—then focus on parsing the json), and adding a link to my git that had the revised code. The following Tuesday I got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• I vaguely remember a behavioral question regarding auto constraints... if you wanted a view that had a static dimension on the left and view with a dynamic dimension on the right, what constraints/properties would you use to ensure this in any view (landscape/portrait) with any screen dimension (5, 5s, 6.. etc.)   Answer Question
    • Core Data   Answer Question
    • How do you personally pursue growth in the field.   Answer Question
    • What do you do to maintain a good user experience as a dev.   Answer Question