John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

Engineering Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

The interview was only behavioral. The interview questions all came from the same booklet. In the booklet the interviewer could choose from three questions under each section. Over the course of my interview some questions were asked twice. The questions asked you to draw from past experiences to describe how you handled a specific situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict that occurred with a teammate. How did you handle that conflict?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Initiated with a phone interview by the hiring manager, then brought in for the face-to-face interview, heavy behavioral question styled interview, typically 3 interviewers, not focused much on the technical background, needed to call HR 3 weeks later to ask for the status.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you had to take risks to complete your tasks/projects and the outcome was successful as you expected.

Tell me a situation when you had to take risks to complete your tasks/projects and the outcome was unsuccessful. How did you address the problem?
      1 Answer

Manufacturing Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed through campus. First round was on campus and a basic behavior interview. People were really nice. Second and final round was at the plant in Moline. Met for two more interviews that were behavior. John Deere does not do technical interviews from what I have been told. Between the two interviews they asked very similar questions. After the interview they gave us a tour of the place and it was extremely dumb. They talked more about the history of the building and artwork as opposed to what they do in Moline. Then they made us a nice lunch. Just know your basic STAR format.

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Approached them at university career fair, got called for an on-campus interview the next day. Within 2 days I received an offer to interview at headquarters in Moline. On-site interview took one morning and consisted of 2 interviews with a tour afterwards. Was told to expect a letter from them within 2 weeks regarding ANY decision (yes, no, still looking), but never heard anything from them. Everything up until the end was very nice and professional, but not hearing back led to a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.... (all STAR based behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Test Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Firstly, the contacted me after the career fair and asked for an on campus interview. During the interview they asked mainly behavioral questions and few technical questions (I believe it was only because I was a former intern, they asked John Deere related questions). Discussed my interest in the company, its always best to have a compelling story of some sort of why you want to work form them. After a few weeks of the first interview and on site interview was set up and a drug screening scheduled. Very similar interview with a few more people.

Interview Questions

• A time where you did not get a long with an individual on a project team and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • A time where you showed Initiative?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Two individuals interviewed me, with one asking questions and the other writing my responses down. One of the individuals explained the behavioral interview process to me, and didn't really ask me about myself other than a couple aspects of my resume

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to analyze and pick apart financial data   1 Answer

Supply Base Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coffeyville, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Coffeyville, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

First hiring manager gives a call for phone screening. Phone screening takes 45 minutes and you are asked about the basic interview questions like tell me about your self, weakness, strengths, skills, last position details. If you pass the phone screening then they schedule a face to face interview which is almost a day process. At least 3 people attends this interview and sometimes can be more then 6 people.

Interview Questions

• Phone screening more about your background and basic interview questions like tell me about yourself. Face to face interview is a long behavioral questions. Like situation, action, result..   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an interview in a career fair with SHPE. About 5 behavioral questions about different situations. Real nice interviewer. After the interview, I waited about a week to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem in a team and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere in August 2016.

Interview

Essentially used the STAR method (situation, task, action, result). Several questions back to back from each interviewer. At times, questions were exactly the same between interviewers. Be prepared with specific situations describing various scenarios in order to fully address these questions as they always want a detailed answer.

Interview Questions

• At what point in your career were you the least satisfied and why.   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I received a phone screen followed by an actual interview, which was mostly behavioral after some resume based questions. It lasted maybe 40 minutes, and I got to ask some questions at the end. Since I wasn't able to be there in person for the interview, they conducted it via skype.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult group you've had to work with.   Answer Question