John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions

Interviews at John Deere

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Got interview at career fair, then had a behavioral interview. Then had 2 more behavioral interviews at the headquarters in Moline. Questions were all behavioral, but more difficult then your typical ones. Use star method.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked separately on a project and then came together as a team and this was difficult. how you got through it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at John Deere (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very professional . they asked behavioral questions .expecting you to answer using the star technique.recruiters are very friendly & helpful when you meet them out side the event .

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions .using the star technique   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in November 2017.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair and talked with him for about 20 minutes. Then I got invited out for an interview. This was a behavioral interview that was one full day long and included other people interveiwing for the same position. I'm from out of state and they flew me out to there facilities and paid of everything, including my meals. Great overall experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. The first was an on campus interview and it was conducted by two people. The second round interview was at their headquarters and consisted of two separate interviews. The questions were all behavioral questions no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you faced and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

IT Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (West Lafayette, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

The whole process took 5 weeks from the time I meet with them at a career fair at Purdue, then interviewed the next day on campus. An email was sent that I was chosen to come to Moline, Ill (their world headquarters) to do a half-day of final interviews. All the interviews are STAR or behavioral based questions. I first interviewed with two people at Purdue Campus, the next two interviews were at the John Deere training Center in Moline. They paid for my room at the Radisson (excellent hotel), all my meals (under 35.00 per day) tolls, & mileage. I was contacted exactly two weeks after the final interviews via an e mail on the best time to call on the following day. I received that phone call and in 10 mins I was offered the internship. Email then followed with acceptance letters.

Interview Questions

• None really, just know details good and bad about different situations you have been a part of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, as this is an internship. They pay VERY well and offered me a fully furnished apartment for the duration at $450/month. Excellent benefits including health, 401K, tution reimibursement (up to $1000) & employee discounts

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

This was a shorter pre-interview in their selection process at a career/job fair. If they like the applicant they then enter more interviews for John Deere to decide if they like the applicant. It was a great process that was very well run with great interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied during a conference and did first interview at conference, two weeks later got an email to fly to Moline for a 2nd interview. Pretty standard interview with situational questions that require STAR method answers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you overcame a difficult challenge. What was the challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I conducted a phone interview, then attended the Thurgood Marshall College Fund Leadership Institute in Washington DC for an in person interview. The interview took place in a room where other student were being interviewed. I have to go to HQ for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• One time when working in a team did not work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair which lead to an interview. I then was able to land a second round interview at the headquarters in Moline, IL.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Very behavioral for college students. They ask very broad questions, but that is the majority of the interview. Also, really know what you want to do and why you want to do it.

Interview Questions

• When did you take a risk and it did not turn out well?   1 Answer