John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Approached them at university career fair, got called for an on-campus interview the next day. Within 2 days I received an offer to interview at headquarters in Moline. On-site interview took one morning and consisted of 2 interviews with a tour afterwards. Was told to expect a letter from them within 2 weeks regarding ANY decision (yes, no, still looking), but never heard anything from them. Everything up until the end was very nice and professional, but not hearing back led to a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.... (all STAR based behavioral questions)   Answer Question

Test Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Firstly, the contacted me after the career fair and asked for an on campus interview. During the interview they asked mainly behavioral questions and few technical questions (I believe it was only because I was a former intern, they asked John Deere related questions). Discussed my interest in the company, its always best to have a compelling story of some sort of why you want to work form them. After a few weeks of the first interview and on site interview was set up and a drug screening scheduled. Very similar interview with a few more people.

Interview Questions

• A time where you did not get a long with an individual on a project team and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • A time where you showed Initiative?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Two individuals interviewed me, with one asking questions and the other writing my responses down. One of the individuals explained the behavioral interview process to me, and didn't really ask me about myself other than a couple aspects of my resume

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to analyze and pick apart financial data   1 Answer

Supply Base Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coffeyville, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Coffeyville, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

First hiring manager gives a call for phone screening. Phone screening takes 45 minutes and you are asked about the basic interview questions like tell me about your self, weakness, strengths, skills, last position details. If you pass the phone screening then they schedule a face to face interview which is almost a day process. At least 3 people attends this interview and sometimes can be more then 6 people.

Interview Questions

• Phone screening more about your background and basic interview questions like tell me about yourself. Face to face interview is a long behavioral questions. Like situation, action, result..   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an interview in a career fair with SHPE. About 5 behavioral questions about different situations. Real nice interviewer. After the interview, I waited about a week to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem in a team and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by a panel interview with the hiring manager and Department head. The Interview followed the STAR format where it was situational and behavioral in nature. The Interview lasted about an hour with time for questions at the beginning and end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unhappy with a work assignment   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere in August 2016.

Interview

Essentially used the STAR method (situation, task, action, result). Several questions back to back from each interviewer. At times, questions were exactly the same between interviewers. Be prepared with specific situations describing various scenarios in order to fully address these questions as they always want a detailed answer.

Interview Questions

• At what point in your career were you the least satisfied and why.   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I received a phone screen followed by an actual interview, which was mostly behavioral after some resume based questions. It lasted maybe 40 minutes, and I got to ask some questions at the end. Since I wasn't able to be there in person for the interview, they conducted it via skype.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult group you've had to work with.   Answer Question

Next Level of My Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

In person with hiring manager then a panel interview. Lots of repetitive questions and nothing really genuine until the end. The end was really where I got to share my experience and previous work. The panel is mostly coming up with competent answers to their cookie-cutter questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the a time you had a difficulty with another co-worker. How did you resolve the conflict?   1 Answer

Machining Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere in April 2016.

Interview

The whole process took around a month. Applied online at the end of March through the Career Section recommended email. Within 2 weeks, I got a phone screening. The week after I received an email saying that I had advanced to the onsite interview. They flew me to the Automation plant in Waterloo, IA. The standard interview process with 3 different people and a tour of the facility at the end. The questions were based on the STAR method questions and some personal questions, related to the resume.

*Still waiting on an offer*

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe the most successful thing you have ever done? Explain the actions taken and the results.
      2) What is the most technical thing you have ever been a part of?
      3) Describe a time when you had to learn something out of your comfort zone?
      4) Describe a situation where you went above and beyond to meet a goal?
      5) Explain a scenario when you conveyed an upper level order to your team mates/employees?
      Few more just like these...   Answer Question