John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

Supply Base Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coffeyville, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Coffeyville, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

First hiring manager gives a call for phone screening. Phone screening takes 45 minutes and you are asked about the basic interview questions like tell me about your self, weakness, strengths, skills, last position details. If you pass the phone screening then they schedule a face to face interview which is almost a day process. At least 3 people attends this interview and sometimes can be more then 6 people.

Interview Questions

• Phone screening more about your background and basic interview questions like tell me about yourself. Face to face interview is a long behavioral questions. Like situation, action, result..   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an interview in a career fair with SHPE. About 5 behavioral questions about different situations. Real nice interviewer. After the interview, I waited about a week to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem in a team and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by a panel interview with the hiring manager and Department head. The Interview followed the STAR format where it was situational and behavioral in nature. The Interview lasted about an hour with time for questions at the beginning and end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unhappy with a work assignment   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere in August 2016.

Interview

Essentially used the STAR method (situation, task, action, result). Several questions back to back from each interviewer. At times, questions were exactly the same between interviewers. Be prepared with specific situations describing various scenarios in order to fully address these questions as they always want a detailed answer.

Interview Questions

• At what point in your career were you the least satisfied and why.   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I received a phone screen followed by an actual interview, which was mostly behavioral after some resume based questions. It lasted maybe 40 minutes, and I got to ask some questions at the end. Since I wasn't able to be there in person for the interview, they conducted it via skype.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult group you've had to work with.   Answer Question

Next Level of My Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

In person with hiring manager then a panel interview. Lots of repetitive questions and nothing really genuine until the end. The end was really where I got to share my experience and previous work. The panel is mostly coming up with competent answers to their cookie-cutter questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the a time you had a difficulty with another co-worker. How did you resolve the conflict?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grovetown, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Deere (Grovetown, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Fantastic and I can tell they were knowledgeable! The interview was technical and valid to what the role demands. I enjoyed the conversation and the versatility of the questioning for this dynamic company.

Machining Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere in April 2016.

Interview

The whole process took around a month. Applied online at the end of March through the Career Section recommended email. Within 2 weeks, I got a phone screening. The week after I received an email saying that I had advanced to the onsite interview. They flew me to the Automation plant in Waterloo, IA. The standard interview process with 3 different people and a tour of the facility at the end. The questions were based on the STAR method questions and some personal questions, related to the resume.

*Still waiting on an offer*

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe the most successful thing you have ever done? Explain the actions taken and the results.
      2) What is the most technical thing you have ever been a part of?
      3) Describe a time when you had to learn something out of your comfort zone?
      4) Describe a situation where you went above and beyond to meet a goal?
      5) Explain a scenario when you conveyed an upper level order to your team mates/employees?
      Few more just like these...   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

My internal experience was interesting. You need to have plenty of STAR experiences memorized so that you can share how you would handle situations. There are many to study from and the library internally will help tremendously. The experience I had was great, and it was very nice to get to know others in different locations and what they are looking for, so overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were put in a stressful situation. What was happening and what did you do to manage the situation?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Received an email from headquarters wanting to do a short interview with me over the phone. Had an hour long behavioral interview after that with a specialist in the area I wanted to go into. Didn't hear from them for a few weeks and after I followed up they got back to me. Then had an hour long interview with hiring managers and received a very short and unprofessional email the next day saying I didn't get the job. It would have been nice to have a phone call or personalized email instead of an automated email they send to everyone. I put a lot of time, effort, and stress into the interview process and a little respect for candidates goes a long way with their reputation.