John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions

Interviews at John Deere

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I only had one interview: simple behavioral. No technical questions ever asked. Questions just revolved around what you've done so far: classes, projects, as straightforward as an interview can get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (Iowa City, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met and introduced myself to John Deere employees at the career fair, then was called back for actual interview that was held the next week. Met for the real interview with 2 John Deere employees, very nice.

Interview Questions

• STAR behavioral questions, tell us about a time you used your technical skills   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and was selected for a phone interview. The interviewer was an engineer and all of the questions asked were standard behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

First round was behavioral based next day after the career fair. Second round was located at world headquarters where they flew us out. The interview was again behavioral based with more focus on technical background.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to take initiative in your job.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere in October 2018.

Interview

Online application leading up to an on-campus behavioral interview. I interviewed with two of the current employees and they were both very friendly. It was entirely behavioral and they asked questions about how I overcame challenges and solved problems.

Interview Questions

• Name one of the biggest challenges you had to overcome in college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

I talked to a representative at a nsbe conference and has a spot interview. After a week I got an email for a second interview at Moline. All the questions were behavioral type with STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encounter a challenge in a project and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I met them at career fair and got an initial interview, went to their headquarters for the next round but was not selected

Intern Interview

Interview

All behavioral based questions that incorporate the STAR Method.Make sure you know your resume from top to bottom because they will try to incorporate each question into one of your prior experiences or campus involvements. Also, make sure to have questions prepared for the interviewer. This shows interest in the company and also shows that you did your research.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to earn someone's trust? Based on prior experience
      Favorite class in school?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus interview the day after the career fair. Then I recieved a 2nd round at HQ 2 weeks later, The following week I had an offer, which I declined.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in October 2013.

Interview

Talked to the recruiters at my school's career fair. They look at your resume and immediately decide if they will invite you back for an on-campus interview the next day. You sign up for a time slot and prepare for your interview. The interview is pretty relaxed and totally behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time you worked in a group project and overcame a conflict, tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision, etc.). The interviewers (two of them at once) were very nice and helpful. If that interview goes well, you will be flown out to the headquarters in Moline, IL for a final interview. There you have two interviews, each with one person from your field, which are essentially the same type of questions from the first inverview. They will typically respond in a few weeks after your last interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you made a decision in a group that you knew others would not be happy/agree with. Why did you do it and was it the right decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate - just accepted the offer.