John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions

Interviews at John Deere

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed off site at a career fair. The questions were situation-based so they mostly started with "Tell me about a time when..." After the first round of interviews, you are contacted for the second round which involves you being flown to the John Deere headquarters in Moline, IL. You then go through 2 interviews in 4 hours where your previous interview and transcript are reviewed. Then you are asked more situation based questions, sometimes the same ones as you were asked in the first round.

Interview Questions

• The question was "Tell me about at your biggest defeat and how you overcame it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. They tell you what the offer is and you can either accept or decline

Intern Interview

Interview

I talked to someone at our University's Career Fair, and two days later I received a call asking me to come to an interview time. The interview was all Behavioral-based so nothing unexpected.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

The interviews mostly consist of behavioral questions, the interviewers are very professional and nice. They subscribe to the STARR method. Most questions are geared towards your thought process, team work, and how you approach a problem.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I went to a recruitment fair at my college. They were doing mini interviews at their booth. A couple hours later, I was called about an on-campus interview the next day. This interview was behavioral questions. Within two weeks, I was e-mailed about an interview at HQ. There were two behavioral interviews at HQ along with a tour. Within two weeks of the HQ interview, a job offer was sent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to assign and rotate roles within a team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere in September 2014.

Interview

Apply through the university and apply online. For this Accounting internship, you have to prepare your resume and review what you want to know about John Deere for the interview. I was interviewed at BYU's campus and had I done well the first time, I would have been invited for a second interview in Moline, Illinois. After the interview on campus, I lost interest.

Interview Questions

• After reviewing trends in financial statements or other charts, what underlying themes did you identify in your analysis?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at John Deere in October 2014.

Interview

Followed the standard STAR method of interviewing. The interviewer was very cool and easy to talk to. From what I learned, second interviews are conducted in Moline, Iowa. They messed up my interview time, but fortunately someone who hadn't left for lunch yet found a packet and interviewed me right on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2009.

Interview

Round 1:

1 on 1 interview that is very relaxed. Answers must all be in STAR format to their behavioral based interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in October 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume, there was a general interview with their HR manager. Then the company invited me to their headquarter to do the second interview which takes 1 day. 1:1 interview (almost the same as the first one) is about 1 hours. And there was a site tour after all. Few days later I heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Overall it was a great experience, it was my first professional interview all the question was behavioral, the was no technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL).

Interview

I approached Deere at a Job Expo and they were very easy to talk to, and would ask general questions about what they initially saw on my resume. After that they chose to stay the day after which was "interview day" where all of the companies had to option to hold interviews or not. This round was a pretty normal interview. I sat down with to Deere reps that were not from HR, but from the field I am specializing in. After passing that interview, they fly you out to their corporate office, all expenses paid, and they show you around the coporate office. Before this happens though, you have two different one on one interview sessions that aren't much more difficult than the first one. Excellent recruiting tactics and I discovered that they are not hiding anything during the process. The company is very welcoming and truly do care about thier employees

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked as part of a team and someone was not contributing and the steps you took to fix this problem   1 Answer