John Deere Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere (Fayetteville, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

Three employees were there screening for possible applicants. They decided within 2 minutes if they wanted you to come back the next day for a 1:1 interview. 5 people were selected out of roughly 300.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I got an interview at a career fair, strictly behavioral. Then I was flown to their headquarters in Moline, Il for a second interview also behavior. In Moline I was interviewed by two different engineers separately.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, they asked me about tough projects. Working with bosses I disagreed with, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at John Deere in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and gained an interview at my university's career fair. The first interview was the next day in the gym. It was about an hour long. Then John Deere flew me to headquarters in Moline, where I spent about a day and a half. There I had another interview, and they gave us a tour of the headquarters, lunch was included. Finally they called me for another interview for a internship within their Health and Safety department, which was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• 1) Name one time you had problems working on a team and how did you solve it.
      2) What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

First round at university, second round in Illinois. Had single interviews at the university. Met with other potential hires for second round interviews, however had individual interviews as well. Very professionally done.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were a member of a team which had to overcome challenges.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (East Moline, IL).

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy and intimidating. My interview lasted at least an hour and a half between two separate interviewers. Make sure to dress and speak professionally because they will call you on it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you made your work environment better or safer   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

All questions were STAR questions. They asked a lot about past experiences, how you dealt with them, and what you learned. Some were hard some were pretty simple but he didn't like a lot of the answers I gave him.

Interview Questions

• What's a time where there was a problem and you used your mechanical expertise?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Deere in September 2015.

Interview

There was an interview on my campus of NDSU. After submitting my resume and transcript on the john Deere website, after a week the John Deere recruiter emailed me confirming I received the position.

Interview Questions

• what was the biggest risk you have taken recently?   Answer Question
    • what was the most technical project you have worked on recently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Talked to a representative at a school career fair. Called me that night to schedule an interview for the next day. The interview was at my school's career center. I was interviewed by an Engineer for about 45 minutes. The questions were behavioral questions following the STAR format. After the behavioral questions I was asked if I had any questions. Then at the very end I was told what the next steps would be (2 more interviews at John Deere). I got an email 2 weeks later saying that they weren't going to invite me for the next 2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a team member was not contributing.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (University, MS) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 10 days. There was a very professional group for engineering position interview. the whole process was relax and respectful, again, be yourself and be honest, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• what's the time that where was a problem you worked with someone you felt difficulty to work with, how did you do that?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Manhattan, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position at my college career fair and got a call for a next day interview. I think the interview went very well and I was asked to apply for the specific position online. A few days later I got a computer-generated email saying I wouldn't get a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked as part of a team with bad team members.   Answer Question