John Deere Interview Questions in Iowa | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

3.1

Part-Time Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was STAR method and panel interview. Two interviewers took a turn to asked questions and it took about full an hour. They asked common questions from resume too. If they found something interested in from resume, they ask more questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked on project within difficult group?   1 Answer

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottumwa, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Ottumwa, IA).

Interview

The local John Deere plant in my town offered a summer internship for graduating high school seniors. It was open to surrounding towns. HR was very helpful going through the application process and even came to my high school to talk to the students interested. After the application deadline I got an email that I had been selected to interview with the assigned date and time given to me. The email was quite unprofessional as it was dated for the previous year and addressed me by the incorrect name. The interview was to consist of 3 30 minute sessions of interviews with a panel of engineers. 2 of the sessions were supposed to be behavioral questions and the other was supposed to be about my resume. There were two other candidates being interviewed the same day I was. We were sat down by HR and were briefed on what the interview session were going to be like. Each of us were placed in a separate conference room and after the 30 minutes was up we would rotate rooms. There were two engineers in each conference room. Although they said 2 sessions would be behavioral and 1 would be about my resume, all of them contained behavioral questions with little to no concern about what my resume entailed. The questions asked were typical behavioral question you could find online. They told us we would know if we got the internship within the end of the week, which happened to be 3 days. However, it nearly took a week and a half for them to get back to me and let me know they were not going to select for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had two conflicting priorities and how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question
    • Explain the greatest conflict of your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a group situation when someone did not participate?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Initiated with a phone interview by the hiring manager, then brought in for the face-to-face interview, heavy behavioral question styled interview, typically 3 interviewers, not focused much on the technical background, needed to call HR 3 weeks later to ask for the status.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you had to take risks to complete your tasks/projects and the outcome was successful as you expected.

Tell me a situation when you had to take risks to complete your tasks/projects and the outcome was unsuccessful. How did you address the problem?
      1 Answer

Next Level of My Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

In person with hiring manager then a panel interview. Lots of repetitive questions and nothing really genuine until the end. The end was really where I got to share my experience and previous work. The panel is mostly coming up with competent answers to their cookie-cutter questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the a time you had a difficulty with another co-worker. How did you resolve the conflict?   1 Answer

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

My internal experience was interesting. You need to have plenty of STAR experiences memorized so that you can share how you would handle situations. There are many to study from and the library internally will help tremendously. The experience I had was great, and it was very nice to get to know others in different locations and what they are looking for, so overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were put in a stressful situation. What was happening and what did you do to manage the situation?   1 Answer

Part-Time Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Was called a week or 2 after submitting application. Went in for an interview. Interview was hard at first becuase it was my first "real" business interview. Very situational based so know the STAR method. They expect a start answer for each of the questions. I have interviewed 3 different times with Deere and each interview was the same format. Unfortunately the hiring manager was having a family emergency for most of the month following my interview, so I went some time with no answer. Found out I got the job and started within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to communicate effectively in a situation where you wanted someone to change a habit.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was very situational based questioning. They did a textbook STAR method interview. Three guys asked me questions in turn and we talked a little bit about my technical background but mostly situational.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I interact in teams, what I would do in a difficult situation with a coworker, how I would handle an ethics situation.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by a STAR type interview. First interview was done by the plant quality manager. The next round of the interview was a STAR type and was conducted by a group of 3. Since I was out of location , a teleconferencing was set up

Interview Questions

• Teleconferencing interview, so I was not comfortable for that. Also I missed about asking questions to them as I got panicked.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Part-Time Student Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online through John Deere's Career site. I then interviewed with two different people for one hour each. Questions were in the STAR format (situation, task, action, result). Some questions were more difficult than others, but practice up on STAR format questions before the interview so you have an idea of what they may ask.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you showed initiative and took the lead.   Answer Question