John Deere Interview Questions in Iowa | Glassdoor

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottumwa, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Ottumwa, IA).

Interview

The local John Deere plant in my town offered a summer internship for graduating high school seniors. It was open to surrounding towns. HR was very helpful going through the application process and even came to my high school to talk to the students interested. After the application deadline I got an email that I had been selected to interview with the assigned date and time given to me. The email was quite unprofessional as it was dated for the previous year and addressed me by the incorrect name. The interview was to consist of 3 30 minute sessions of interviews with a panel of engineers. 2 of the sessions were supposed to be behavioral questions and the other was supposed to be about my resume. There were two other candidates being interviewed the same day I was. We were sat down by HR and were briefed on what the interview session were going to be like. Each of us were placed in a separate conference room and after the 30 minutes was up we would rotate rooms. There were two engineers in each conference room. Although they said 2 sessions would be behavioral and 1 would be about my resume, all of them contained behavioral questions with little to no concern about what my resume entailed. The questions asked were typical behavioral question you could find online. They told us we would know if we got the internship within the end of the week, which happened to be 3 days. However, it nearly took a week and a half for them to get back to me and let me know they were not going to select for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had two conflicting priorities and how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question
    • Explain the greatest conflict of your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a group situation when someone did not participate?   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

My internal experience was interesting. You need to have plenty of STAR experiences memorized so that you can share how you would handle situations. There are many to study from and the library internally will help tremendously. The experience I had was great, and it was very nice to get to know others in different locations and what they are looking for, so overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were put in a stressful situation. What was happening and what did you do to manage the situation?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by a STAR type interview. First interview was done by the plant quality manager. The next round of the interview was a STAR type and was conducted by a group of 3. Since I was out of location , a teleconferencing was set up

Interview Questions

• Teleconferencing interview, so I was not comfortable for that. Also I missed about asking questions to them as I got panicked.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Deere (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied, contacted with phone interview and proceeded to on-site interview. Questions were STAR based, and behavioral situations. Phone interview was technical based. After on-site interview, it took about a week to inform me they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to perform something against your ethics and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in January 2014.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by an onsite interview with 3 Program Managers. Those interviews were behavioral, i.e. "Talk about a time you ...". These relied heavily on project work and experience, as well as team work skills.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you disagreed with a team mate, and how did you resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at John Deere (Urbandale, IA) in February 2013.

Interview

I would like to know how am i doing on my current position

Interview Questions

• Some other customer they are very difficult to communicat with,   Answer Question

Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in February 2011.

Interview

online application then go to the company and take a apptitude test on computer if you pass you take a phiscal if you pass then you have an interview.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you produced more parts then people on your crew that have been there longer and your supervisor tells the other coworkers why cant you get parts out like he does   1 Answer

Production Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in February 2008.

Interview

One on One interview were unclear. There were six one-on-one interview with presidents and heads of different departments. In all the interview, many questions were common. I don't know what they were looking for. But, as were behaviour interview. Basically, interviewer was having a sheet in his hand wit columns named problem, action and result marked in it. I was asked to be specific in my answers. Based on my answer, interviewer was writing in each column. SOme general questions: Describe a condition in which you failed and why it happened? Three biggest achievements? Software related questions (Pro-E is very important).