John Deere Interview Questions in Iowa | Glassdoor

John Deere Interview Questions in Iowa

Updated Feb 22, 2017

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Initiated with a phone interview by the hiring manager, then brought in for the face-to-face interview, heavy behavioral question styled interview, typically 3 interviewers, not focused much on the technical background, needed to call HR 3 weeks later to ask for the status.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you had to take risks to complete your tasks/projects and the outcome was successful as you expected.

Tell me a situation when you had to take risks to complete your tasks/projects and the outcome was unsuccessful. How did you address the problem?
      1 Answer

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in April 2016.

Interview

My internal experience was interesting. You need to have plenty of STAR experiences memorized so that you can share how you would handle situations. There are many to study from and the library internally will help tremendously. The experience I had was great, and it was very nice to get to know others in different locations and what they are looking for, so overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were put in a stressful situation. What was happening and what did you do to manage the situation?   1 Answer

Part-Time Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Was called a week or 2 after submitting application. Went in for an interview. Interview was hard at first becuase it was my first "real" business interview. Very situational based so know the STAR method. They expect a start answer for each of the questions. I have interviewed 3 different times with Deere and each interview was the same format. Unfortunately the hiring manager was having a family emergency for most of the month following my interview, so I went some time with no answer. Found out I got the job and started within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to communicate effectively in a situation where you wanted someone to change a habit.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was very situational based questioning. They did a textbook STAR method interview. Three guys asked me questions in turn and we talked a little bit about my technical background but mostly situational.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I interact in teams, what I would do in a difficult situation with a coworker, how I would handle an ethics situation.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by a STAR type interview. First interview was done by the plant quality manager. The next round of the interview was a STAR type and was conducted by a group of 3. Since I was out of location , a teleconferencing was set up

Interview Questions

• Teleconferencing interview, so I was not comfortable for that. Also I missed about asking questions to them as I got panicked.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Part-Time Student Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online through John Deere's Career site. I then interviewed with two different people for one hour each. Questions were in the STAR format (situation, task, action, result). Some questions were more difficult than others, but practice up on STAR format questions before the interview so you have an idea of what they may ask.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you showed initiative and took the lead.   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

Very good. Was a smooth interview and they made you feel welcome. Ask tough questions but were very relative to the job. Only thing I wish they would have told me more about the job day-to-day and general information when I asked.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Deere (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very accommodating as i was not present in the USA. I was able to have the interview via Skype. However due to not being present in the country didn't proceed further. Seems like the people are friendly.

Skilled Trade Machine Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

Interview is done by a supervisor and an engineer. Before the interview there is a test out phase at another off site location. After interview you will recieve a letter in the mail stating that you are hired upon completion of pre employment physical which will include a chest xray.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about if a machine failed and a frustrated production
      worker was on that machine when it failed, how do you deal with the production worker while you working to fix that machine as they tend to get more frustrated the longer the machine is down?
      1 Answer