John Deere Interview Questions in Iowa | Glassdoor

3.1

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Wrangler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Johnston, IA) in November 2017.

Interview

Panel, behavioral based interview. There was some technical, but mostly situational type questions. Answering questions in the STAR format is expected so review guidelines on that and try to schedule some mock interviews to prep which situations to use for which types of questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of STAR questions. "Tell me about a time..."   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Interview

The interviewer was disorganized, uninterested, and all over the place with their questions, even asking the same questions except worded differently. The interviewer even admitted to this, but I still think it is unfair to the candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Ankeny, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

First they were late by at least 15 minutes, wish I just left, or at least I should have left, then for some reason I was interviewed by three different people, it took kind of long. All to answer very generic questions that I have heard in other interviews. The first problem here is when you are being interviewed with other people, never seen that ever. Basically the interview convinced me that I most likely did not want to work there. Problem here is that I did not really learn anything about John Deere, no real exchange of information, like they really have something up their sleeve, and just seeing if I am dumb enough to just go along. Sometimes I wonder why I have consistently done these interviews, only to think later that I was just wasting my time. I am serious, this was not really an interview. The questions they ask demand a lot of time, but well I know I do not have a lot of time, so it is kind of like being trolled. The whole thing is automated, I am sure I would have loved to ask why 700 people essentially quit instead of coming back. But before that I remember taking test were they had you look at a screen with a bunch of random images and have you recall it immediately... It is a real no sequitor. I would have declined their offer given the chance, too many red flags.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time.... You were blamed for something.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Davenport, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Hiring process takes some time about little over a month from when you apply to getting a final job offer. Interviewing for John Deere went pretty smooth nice people , very professional but also make you feel welcome. Interviews take about 2 hours. Mostly behavioral type questions and " tell me about a time when.. " type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you improved safety in your work place ?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a phone call interview. I was interviewed by two managers. Asked mostly about my previous job roles and looked after whether I have required skill set or not.

Interview Questions

• What are roles in my previous job?   1 Answer

IT Early Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Ames, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was a simple set of behavioral questions and the interviewer asked about job location preference and travel preference. I had a very amicable conversation with the interviewer and felt comfortable asking questions about the nature of the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where your enthusiasm may have gotten in the way of a group based objective.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Ankeny, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

Mostly basic interview questions. This was a phone interview and it lasted around 20 minutes. Definitely take the time to review interview questions online. The questions given to me were almost identical to the ones I studied.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to confront a difficult fellow employee and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Dubuque, IA) in August 2017.

Interview

Three thirty minute back to back interviews. Just read questions off a sheet of paper. Not very personal. Was always scheduled with at least 10 other people. No real sense of being important to the company. Makes you think you are a temp worker at best.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Part-Time Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was STAR method and panel interview. Two interviewers took a turn to asked questions and it took about full an hour. They asked common questions from resume too. If they found something interested in from resume, they ask more questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked on project within difficult group?   1 Answer

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottumwa, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Ottumwa, IA).

Interview

The local John Deere plant in my town offered a summer internship for graduating high school seniors. It was open to surrounding towns. HR was very helpful going through the application process and even came to my high school to talk to the students interested. After the application deadline I got an email that I had been selected to interview with the assigned date and time given to me. The email was quite unprofessional as it was dated for the previous year and addressed me by the incorrect name. The interview was to consist of 3 30 minute sessions of interviews with a panel of engineers. 2 of the sessions were supposed to be behavioral questions and the other was supposed to be about my resume. There were two other candidates being interviewed the same day I was. We were sat down by HR and were briefed on what the interview session were going to be like. Each of us were placed in a separate conference room and after the 30 minutes was up we would rotate rooms. There were two engineers in each conference room. Although they said 2 sessions would be behavioral and 1 would be about my resume, all of them contained behavioral questions with little to no concern about what my resume entailed. The questions asked were typical behavioral question you could find online. They told us we would know if we got the internship within the end of the week, which happened to be 3 days. However, it nearly took a week and a half for them to get back to me and let me know they were not going to select for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had two conflicting priorities and how did you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question
    • Explain the greatest conflict of your life and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a group situation when someone did not participate?   Answer Question