John Deere Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

3.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with some representatives from John Deere at my University's engineering career fair. Asked to participate in an interview the following day and their second round interviews a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time were you were a part of a time and conflict within the team arose. How did you advance towards the team's goals despite this conflict   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

I started with a Campus Interview then once that was complete I was extended an opportunity to go to Corporate Headquarters for a second Interview. I received an offer after this.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an interview in a career fair with SHPE. About 5 behavioral questions about different situations. Real nice interviewer. After the interview, I waited about a week to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem in a team and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (Ogden, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

They ask behavioral questions and came to our college campus.They wanted answers in a STAR format. They seemed to ask more about technical abilities within the behavioral questions. Over all they helped me out with my performance in interviews.

Interview Questions

• At what point in your job were you the least satisfied and why?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

First round at university, second round in Illinois. Had single interviews at the university. Met with other potential hires for second round interviews, however had individual interviews as well. Very professionally done.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were a member of a team which had to overcome challenges.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online through the John Deere’s external website, and was contacted by recruiter to attend an interview 'open house' about a week later. A few of the other candidates and I waited at the lobby and was escorted to the “media center”. There were maybe 50 other candidates there (seemed like a college recruiting fair), with 20 interview stations. Typical STAR interview. Got offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were overwhelmed, what did you do.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Campus Recruiting/Job Fair interview. Heard back within a week about second round of interviews in Moline, IL. Travel expenses paid, as many students were selected for second round interviews. Two 1:1 interviews with engineers. Benefits presentation and tour of the world headquarters. Company said they would respond within 3 weeks, and it took just over 2. STAR format questions in all interviews, with the exception of one "Why do you think you're a good fit with John Deere" type question.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question to answer was:
      "Explain how you define sucess."
      They wanted all questions to fit into the STAR format, so this one was a bit challenging on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer was very competitive and for an entry-level postion.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

College Career Fair, on-campus interview, corporate headquarters interview, offer, relocation assistance, employee health and wellness

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you caught a mistake in your work. How did you catch it and what did you to to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.