John Deere Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. Deere came to campus for the career fair and I talked to them then. A few days later I got an on campus interview and then an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Coolest project you worked on
    How you work on a team
    Why Deere   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

A panel of three employees was present during interview. A quick review of my past employers and duties/responsibilities, then a barrage of behavioral questions all revolving around "Give us an example of a time when ...." along the topics of communication, achieving goals, and reacting to failed objectives.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of: a time when you failed to meet a goal, a time when communication was critical, a time when you disagreed with your boss, a time when you were in a leadership position, etc.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere in September 2015.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at my university's career fair. Was called that evening for an on-campus interview for the next day. Interview was entirely behavioral and I was told that the next step in the process if selected for a second round, would be to tour the Moline, IL facility and take part in two more interviews there.

Interview Questions

• When have I had to handle a bad working relationship and how did I overcome this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Augusta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

I was contacted through email by one of the engineers at John Deere who asked if he could contact me by phone. He called me a few days later and we talked for a while about farming, tractors, and where I grew up (on a farm). It was a very informal and enjoyable conversation. I was offered a flight up to Augusta for a formal interview which I declined in favor of driving which I was still compensated for. The interview was three one hour interviews, each with a different engineer. An hour was taken for lunch with two engineers, and another hour was taken as a tour through the plant. I enjoyed my entire interview since all of the engineers were very easy going and fun to talk to. If you have any background in farming or the outdoors, you will get along easily with these guys. I liked the fact that all of the interviewers were engineers so they understood the design process and could understand the difficulties involved with certain tasks.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were straightforward but you should write down all the experiences you have working in teams and using leadership skills beforehand so they are fresh in your mind. As an example, one of the questions was something along the lines of: think of a time that you used your persuasive skills to convince a group of people to use an idea of yours but your idea ended up being wrong. How did you convince them to use your idea and what did you do when you realized it was the wrong way to do it.   Answer Question

John Deere offers a very good, stable career. I took an offer in a more volatile and exciting area of engineering with a substantial pay cut because I enjoy taking risks and like the culture of a start up company. For someone looking for a stable job with great benefits, I would definitely recommend John Deere.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere in December 2011.

Interview

Contacted through campus recruiting and went through an initial phone interview. Information was forwarded to hiring managers and was selected for an on site interview, which was all behavioral-based questions conducive to the STAR method. Total interview time took approximately 4 hours. Offer was extended but unable to negotiate on terms.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a troublesome team member?   Answer Question