John Deere Part Time Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Part Time Student Interview Questions

Interviews at John Deere

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in June 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to interview. The interview was with a manager and co-worker in the group I would be working in. The questions were all behavioral about myself. Fairly laid back and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Part Time Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

There was only one round of interview, and the process is not stressful at all. Half of the questions are about how you handle a group or team. They also mentioned about initiative and ability to prioritize tasks are important

Interview Questions

• What is your most rewarding and meaningful experience. They for sure are looking for job related answers, which I wasn't able to figure out...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Very easy process. Typical behavioral interview questions. Not something to worry about. A lot of teamwork related questions and questions about why you want to work for them, why you picked your major, etc. Want to see that you are a leader and work best when on a team. The entire interview process consisted of one 1:2 interview. I have heard of others who had initial phone interviews. One thing to be aware of: Almost everyone who is a part time student whom I have talked to is struggling to have enough work to fill their time. This seems to be a large problem with John Deere's part time student and internship positions.

Interview Questions

• All pretty straight forward questions. One was tell me about a mundane task...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

Very good. Was a smooth interview and they made you feel welcome. Ask tough questions but were very relative to the job. Only thing I wish they would have told me more about the job day-to-day and general information when I asked.

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Fargo, ND) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online through campus career center. Was invited to select a slot for interview. Went in and interviewed for about an hour with one engineer. Was asked various behavior based questions and also a question on my transcript about a poor grade I had gotten. Took about a month or two to hear back from the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not negotiation for these positions. The wage is based off of school credits.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in January 2012.

Interview

The initial contact was done through an email, which was followed up by an initial phone interview/screen. They just wanted to check my credentials. They followed through with all of the former employees I had listed on my resume, so make sure they are all legitimate. The face-to-face interview took place about a month later. It was in a small room and I was interviewed by 3 employees including my soon to be boss, his boss, and an HR representative. It was fairly intimidating, but they were friendly about it. Dress up as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about team work and what I had done personally in the past to show that I can work well in a team. It was a difficult question to answer because they put you in a place where it might be necessary for you to brag a little about your past experiences. Personally, I wasn't very comfortable with this, but it worked out alright.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is a flat rate based on your school year for part-time students.

Part Time Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

The office design is amazing, it is incredibly nice and massive! The interview process involved 3 individuals and the STAR process. The interview was three parts and began with questions over my résumé, then normal team as past experience questions based on the star system. Finally wrapping up with casual personal questions and then they have me a chance to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything.

Part Time Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I received a phone screen followed by an actual interview, which was mostly behavioral after some resume based questions. It lasted maybe 40 minutes, and I got to ask some questions at the end. Since I wasn't able to be there in person for the interview, they conducted it via skype.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult group you've had to work with.   Answer Question

Part-Time Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Was called a week or 2 after submitting application. Went in for an interview. Interview was hard at first becuase it was my first "real" business interview. Very situational based so know the STAR method. They expect a start answer for each of the questions. I have interviewed 3 different times with Deere and each interview was the same format. Unfortunately the hiring manager was having a family emergency for most of the month following my interview, so I went some time with no answer. Found out I got the job and started within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to communicate effectively in a situation where you wanted someone to change a habit.   Answer Question

Part-Time Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Champaign, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I had a phone interview with three people. They reach back to me after 3 weeks later for the onsite interview. It was mostly behavior questions. After 4 weeks, they finally reach back to me. I think there recruiting system is slow for part time student. After accepting the offer, they had hair test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Behavior question about leadership and most difficult situation that you faced   Answer Question