John Deere Part Time Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was STAR method and panel interview. Two interviewers took a turn to asked questions and it took about full an hour. They asked common questions from resume too. If they found something interested in from resume, they ask more questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked on project within difficult group?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Part Time Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I received a phone screen followed by an actual interview, which was mostly behavioral after some resume based questions. It lasted maybe 40 minutes, and I got to ask some questions at the end. Since I wasn't able to be there in person for the interview, they conducted it via skype.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult group you've had to work with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Champaign, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I had a phone interview with three people. They reach back to me after 3 weeks later for the onsite interview. It was mostly behavior questions. After 4 weeks, they finally reach back to me. I think there recruiting system is slow for part time student. After accepting the offer, they had hair test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Behavior question about leadership and most difficult situation that you faced   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Fargo, ND) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed on-site with 2 managers. Offered the position 2 weeks later via phone. The interviewers were pleasant and easy to talk to, asked behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions were classic behavioral, "Tell us a time when..."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with my (now current) manager. Was not very difficult at all. The woman I interviewed with was looking to recruit college students specifically so she was very understanding to the lifestyles and background of a college student (at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign). She was looking for IT roles to fill as part-time students at Deere's satellite office (John Deere Technology Innovation Center) in Champaign.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time you had to work with difficult people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Was called a week or 2 after submitting application. Went in for an interview. Interview was hard at first becuase it was my first "real" business interview. Very situational based so know the STAR method. They expect a start answer for each of the questions. I have interviewed 3 different times with Deere and each interview was the same format. Unfortunately the hiring manager was having a family emergency for most of the month following my interview, so I went some time with no answer. Found out I got the job and started within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to communicate effectively in a situation where you wanted someone to change a habit.   Answer Question

Part Time Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

There was only one round of interview, and the process is not stressful at all. Half of the questions are about how you handle a group or team. They also mentioned about initiative and ability to prioritize tasks are important

Interview Questions

• What is your most rewarding and meaningful experience. They for sure are looking for job related answers, which I wasn't able to figure out...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

Very good. Was a smooth interview and they made you feel welcome. Ask tough questions but were very relative to the job. Only thing I wish they would have told me more about the job day-to-day and general information when I asked.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Got invited for an interview in a few days. Got offered the job in a few days. Interview questions were behavioral. I was interviewed by the hiring manager and two other engineers. They were very nice and genuinely interested in what I had to offer. Tip: When interviewing at John Deere make sure they know that you like farming or share a story about your connection to the land. This might be the one thing that makes you stand out in case the hiring manager is having a hard time making a decision.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Very easy process. Typical behavioral interview questions. Not something to worry about. A lot of teamwork related questions and questions about why you want to work for them, why you picked your major, etc. Want to see that you are a leader and work best when on a team. The entire interview process consisted of one 1:2 interview. I have heard of others who had initial phone interviews. One thing to be aware of: Almost everyone who is a part time student whom I have talked to is struggling to have enough work to fill their time. This seems to be a large problem with John Deere's part time student and internship positions.

Interview Questions

• All pretty straight forward questions. One was tell me about a mundane task...   Answer Question