John Deere Product Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Product Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at John Deere

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in April 2009.

Interview

Phone interview and onsite interview with 4 people.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you weren't successful and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as this was my first job out of college.

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA) in September 2012.

Interview

Met with recruiters at a College Fair. I was invited to an information session which was held a week later. 2 days after the information session I received a phone call to schedule the initial interview. The initial interview was held at a John Deere office just off campus. A week after the interview I was told that I had been selected for the second interview which was to be held at John Deere World Headquarters in Moline, IL. They paid for my bus trip as well as the hotel and for food over the trip. The second round of interviews involved meeting two engineers near their headquarters, followed by a tour of their headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you worked in a group and had a problem with another person that you were working with. How did you deal with the situation and what was the result   Answer Question

I received an offer from another company which offered a better location, salary, and had a better reputation in my field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn State University, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Deere (Penn State University, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Meet recruiters at a university career fair. All of the recruiters were very knowledgeable about the company and all had great things to say about the company. I was offered an interview opportunity which I took. It was my first every interview so I was not prepared at all and that eventually led to me not getting a job offer. The interview was composed of all situational questions. If you will be interviewing with this company come prepared with answers to many of the generic situational questions and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were in a group and someone did not pull their load.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Targeted Selection - Situation, Task, Action, Results (STAR).

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

It was very easy and straight forward.

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

Typical interview process with HR & Hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding experience, strength & weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I interviewed at John Deere (Dubuque, IA) in May 2010.

Interview

One whole day, from breakfast when someone came to the hotel to pick up, then stopped by the HR department to meet the contact person, followed by the technical interviews with one-on-one interviews with department managers and others. SMART question-and-answer was used. Try to think about the past experiences where difficult situation and people were encountered.

Interview Questions

• What was most challenging situation in the past career?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Campus interview then onsite interview with three different recruiters. May go to a local site and interview with hiring manager. Location was based on company needs but was able to pick prevs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

You first recieve a Phone Call from Human resources and get a quick pre interview.
    Then you get an in person Human resources Interview prior to the Manager interview which is the mos dificult one and most times is a panel based ( 3 Interviewers or more at the same time) interview. If everything goes well and you are accepted, you get an aditional interview with human resources to review the salary etc.

Interview Questions

• What´s you long time aspirations   1 Answer