John Deere Product Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Product Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at John Deere

3.1

Product Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere in October 2016.

Interview

I talked with them at my school's career fair, and later that day one of the recruiters called me and scheduled an on-campus interview that week with one of their recruiters. After that interview, I was invited for an on-site interview at their main campus in Moline. There were four rounds of interviews with different managers at the company, each lasting around half an hour. Both interviews were behavioral following the STAR format. There were not any surprises really.

Interview Questions

• What was one time where you had to overcome a conflict with a team member/supervisor?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Had two interviews. First one on campus, then received an email for a second round to their headquarter. Overall very organized second round. Second round was tough. Have two 50 min behavior questions with two different recruiters. Second recruiter doesn't seem to know the process. He literally asked me about 15 behavioral questions and barely wrote anything down. First guy was awesome. Overall pretty good experience. Got the offer 3/4 days later.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement? A lot of questions of how you made mistakes and work with other people of course.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at John Deere (Lawrence, KS) in January 2018.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter through school career fair. Was invited for an on campus interview the following day. Two weeks later was invited to interview at HQ. And then took them 3 months to extend an offer. Every interview was behavioral. About an hour long. Typical STAR questions

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I first met with John Deere through the SHPE conference. I was given an interview there and then I was flown out to Molilne, IL. While I was there I had to more behavioral interviews which were a little more difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Initiated with a phone interview by the hiring manager, then brought in for the face-to-face interview, heavy behavioral question styled interview, typically 3 interviewers, not focused much on the technical background, needed to call HR 3 weeks later to ask for the status.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you had to take risks to complete your tasks/projects and the outcome was successful as you expected.

Tell me a situation when you had to take risks to complete your tasks/projects and the outcome was unsuccessful. How did you address the problem?   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I went to a career fair and talked to a recruiter. After 2 weeks, I got an email saying I should apply online. Then received two phone screens, about 2 weeks apart. Both behavioral. Was asked about team projects and experience. A day after I did my last phone interview, I received an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Very easy, people are genuine. Make sure you know the business and the culture of the company. All behavioral questions, pretty easy.
    My first interview was at a conference and then second round interview is in Moline, IL. Two interview 45min each, tour of headquaters, and meeting with the HR rep that's in charge of all interns

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Basic STAR Method

Tell me about a time when....

Negotiation

If its enough for you then do not negotiate but if you want more it never hurts to ask.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)) in May 2018.

Interview

I meet human resources hiring team at a career fair in university.

Gave my curriculum and got a phone call two weeks later.

Phone interview was a personality check, and overall skills and background check.

Was invited to an interview the same week at their plant. The interview was comfortable and not challenging, yet not regular.

I didn't get an offer, they look for CAD design background and skills, which I didn´t had at the time.

Interview Questions

• What is the last thing you designed in CAD? What was the project about?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Deere in December 2007.

Interview

the interview was STAR based. You had to give a situation, the time of the situation, the action you took and the result of the action. Pretty much you had to say what you did as an individual and not as a group.

Interview Questions

• tell us what is the most difficult decision you had to make and why?   1 Answer