John Deere Product Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Deere Product Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at John Deere

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Behavioral Questions, situation questions. Mainly they seem to be interested in what you can provide the company, and how you would fit into a team. Are you going to cause problems or be an asset to the company. Technical side of things seems to be secondary to being able to interact effectively in a team. If you are sociable and competent in engineering you should be fine.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The final step was hold at the HQ in Moline,IL . I had interview with three manager for almost 3 hours.
    Then they will ask you some question that is related to what they are doing and want to see how you can response and think out of box. It depends on the position, but they might ask you to present a presentation which is not related to your field and see how you handle that.

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to what you I did in the past and some questions from you Resume. The three panels ask me a couple same questions.   1 Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Interview

Typical interview process with HR & Hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding experience, strength & weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Deere (Waterloo, IA).

Interview

I applied online to one of the general new hire engineering positions and received an email a couple months later asking if I would be interested in interviewing for an open position. They then flew me out for an interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, each interview was about 1 hr long. Interview based on the STAR method. Gave a factory tour in between interviews to help break it up so they all weren't back to back. Received an offer about a week to 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Most questions began with, "Tell me about a time when... you had to work with a difficult team member, a problem had 2 solutions and what you did to come to a final solution   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate as salary was higher than I expected

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I interviewed at John Deere (Dubuque, IA) in May 2010.

Interview

One whole day, from breakfast when someone came to the hotel to pick up, then stopped by the HR department to meet the contact person, followed by the technical interviews with one-on-one interviews with department managers and others. SMART question-and-answer was used. Try to think about the past experiences where difficult situation and people were encountered.

Interview Questions

• What was most challenging situation in the past career?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

Campus interview then onsite interview with three different recruiters. May go to a local site and interview with hiring manager. Location was based on company needs but was able to pick prevs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

You first recieve a Phone Call from Human resources and get a quick pre interview.
    Then you get an in person Human resources Interview prior to the Manager interview which is the mos dificult one and most times is a panel based ( 3 Interviewers or more at the same time) interview. If everything goes well and you are accepted, you get an aditional interview with human resources to review the salary etc.

Interview Questions

• What´s you long time aspirations   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Did the interview process as an intern. Myself and a group from my college traveled together for the interviews for various positions. Participated in around 3 different 1 hour interviews with different people. All the interviews used the S.M.A.R.T. question/answer format.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Deere.

Interview

I went to a career fair and talked to a recruiter. After 2 weeks, I got an email saying I should apply online. Then received two phone screens, about 2 weeks apart. Both behavioral. Was asked about team projects and experience. A day after I did my last phone interview, I received an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Deere (Moline, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Very easy, people are genuine. Make sure you know the business and the culture of the company. All behavioral questions, pretty easy.
    My first interview was at a conference and then second round interview is in Moline, IL. Two interview 45min each, tour of headquaters, and meeting with the HR rep that's in charge of all interns