John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Straight forward interview questions. There were two people - nurse manager and division coordinator. One was super polite the other not so much. They reviewed my resume. Asked why I wanted to work for the hospital. Went over my CPR and NRP certifications. Lots of paper work involved in the entire process but standard.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with one manager and HR representative. They ask you questions from a form. They keep notes on what you answer. The whole process was akward. The manager came across as bored and uninterest. The HR representative barely engaged in conversation.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the exact question but they were the normal questions that you expect at an interview. They literally read them to you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

These are Union positions. There is no negotiation, you take the positions as described by the contract.

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital.

Interview

1.Completed an online application
    2. Received a call from HR ( they provided interview date, time and location)
    3. Interviewed by two managers ( there was also a lady sitting their taking notes.) The interview was a bit out of my comfort zone, it felt more like an interrogation than a friendly interview.
    4.Questions were simple; personality and work experience

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that makes you the right fit for our department.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is a union position; there is no room to negotiate because you are paid according to a unionized scale.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring process took less than 2 weeks. Interviewed heard back from HR 1 week later. The background took about 2 weeks. From interview to start due to all the CCHHS red tape took about 2 months. One because I had to give my former employer proper notice.

Interview Questions

• How did your upbringing prepare you for this position?   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital.

Interview

The people that interview are very unprofessional... Interviewed while they were eating lunch

Interview Questions

• I could not see past them eating their lunch...i could not believe it   1 Answer

Did not want to be associated

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago (Guatemala)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital (Chicago (Guatemala)) in February 2016.

Interview

Several question were asked and i had to get a background check. Credential were asked. I explained the different doctors i worked for and the locations along with blood draws and injections.

Hospitalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital.

Interview

The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in. Here's a step by step guide to apply for a job, including how to apply for a job online, how to fill out a job application, how to write job application letters, and tips and advice for applying for jobs.