John Hancock Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted quickly after applying online. The HR rep was informative and helpful during the initial phone interview. I was invited into the office to interview, the interviewer was 10 minutes late and the front desk security could not get in touch with them. One of my scheduled interviewers did not show up. After I followed up with my interviewers/HR rep, I never heard from John Hancock again regarding my status. Any e-mail, positive or negative, from someone would have been great.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience, and we would love to understand more so we can follow up internally. If... More

Other Interview Reviews for John Hancock

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (New York, NY).

Interview

First you do a phone interview with HR and then you do two on-site interviews with managers, typically on the same day. The whole process took maybe two weeks, however with background checks and getting fingerprints done, It took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Very simple and to the point questions. What is your work experience? How do you handle tough situations with co-workers/management? What is your biggest strength and biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview process requires HR phone screening and multiple on-site interviews. The process can take several weeks.

Be sure to stay in touch, particularly if you have concurrent interviews elsewhere or pending offers. For one position, HR was tardy in confirming the HR phone screening they had set up for me; when I called to confirm the interview they told me they had already hired someone (even though I never had the chance to interview). For another position, I went in for an interview and was told I would be brought in for another round. When I contacted them (because I had other offers), I was told they had already hired someone and just never told me. So make sure to be in touch so you don't lose out on another opportunity, since they tend to be bad on their end with communicating to candidates.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock in October 2009.

Interview

General behavioral phone interview. Then a one on one interview with a manager. Finally, a case study.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the other candidates?   1 Answer
    • Analyze the a company and describe the challenges it faces and possible solutions.   1 Answer