John Hancock Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.9

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted quickly after applying online. The HR rep was informative and helpful during the initial phone interview. I was invited into the office to interview, the interviewer was 10 minutes late and the front desk security could not get in touch with them. One of my scheduled interviewers did not show up. After I followed up with my interviewers/HR rep, I never heard from John Hancock again regarding my status. Any e-mail, positive or negative, from someone would have been great.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience, and we would love to understand more so we can follow up internally. If... More

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Got the interview invitation a week after submit the application. The interviewer was nice and friendly. The questions are mainly behavioral questions, wasn't to hard but need to prepare.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing a review on your interview experience. We constantly strive to improve and optimize the candidate experience, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process went for two weeks. And they declined me two weeks after, The total interview holding for 30 mins. It was a person to person interview. The HR pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• More about relevant experience. Like experience about my internship before or my intention to start my project.   Answer Question

May 8, 2017 – Campus Talent Acquisition & Social Media Specialist

Thank you for sharing this review. We constantly strive for the best candidate experience, and we are happy to hear yours was a positive one!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with one person who said I was perfect for the job and I would be invited back to speak to more of the team. Never heard from them again. No reply to my follow up attempts.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we're sorry to hear about your negative experience. We will share this internally. If you wish to follow up further, please feel free to reach out... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very structured and straightforward interview with great people. They are very clear with what next steps are and are great about communication. You will have a case on the last round of interviews with a team. Not very difficult at all, just communicate and remain calm.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Mar 17, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for posting a review on your interview experience. As we strive towards a great candidate experience for all, your feedback is just what we need to ensure this happens consistently. We are... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a campus job posting and was contacted to set up an on-campus interview. It consisted on back-to-back 30 minute interviews, one with a manager and one with an HR representative. The HR rep was friendly, but the manager was rude and condescending. I had a chance to talk to some of the first and second year staff members before the interview, who I found to be very helpful, and then the manager made negative comments about these employees for seemingly no reason. It seemed very unprofessional. It also bothered me how they were overly selective and acted like this was such a prestigious program, when it really is not. I didn't hear back from them yet and I'm not expecting an invite to the final round, nor do I want one. I interviewed with many companies and this experience stands out as being the most unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me?   1 Answer

Nov 28, 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing a review of your interview. As we constantly strive to improve and optimize the candidate experience, we would welcome the opportunity to learn more from you. Please email us... More

Business Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was mostly questions about resume and getting to know candidate. The interviewer took some time to explain role and company. The interview process has one interview and then one in office "Superday". I was not invited to the superday after having a conflict with the date and was never given a reason as to why I was not invited otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you overcame a challenge in a group setting.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was very quick. I talked to a recruiter at a career fair briefly and handed him my resume. Two weeks later I got a call asking me to come to Boston for a on-site interview. During the day, you interview with 4 people and then go to lunch with someone else. Overall, most of the questions were pretty straightforward. They are just trying to learn more about you and what type of worker you will be.

Interview Questions

• In the future, do you see yourself becoming a manager or a specialist in one area?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied from a staffing company, the process took about 1 week. First it's phone interview, and after about 3 days, on-site interview with two managers. The interview process is fast and interview questions are not hard.

Interview Questions

• Mostly SQL questions, how to join tables, select top varialbes....and some Python question. Finally, How do you handle multiple projects on hand?   Answer Question

CPA Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA).

Interview

John Hancock's recruitment process was shady from the start. JH had a reputation on my campus as being unduly selective, much more so than the banks or the Big 4. However none could figure out why. And unlike these other firms, JH didn't have a workable program; this CPA development thing had yet to "graduate" a new hire into a role at the company. Seemed like a work in process...

Their recruiters would have us, the students, believe that their selection was purely merit and character based. This couldn't be farther from the truth. This program and it's architect (Jeff N.) demonstrate a heavy bias in favor of low-tier schools with connected alumni. This was quite obvious by who they invited to their "superday", and more so when the offers went out.

Although JH is a great company, and one I may very well apply for again, I'd strongly recommend college juniors and seniors to avoid this program like the Zika virus, especially if you're from a top school such as Northeastern, Boston University, or Babson College.

(Side note: at superday they asked us to "dress up like John Hancock and explain to the room why this is the best opportunity to take out of college"). This was their way to evaluate your public speaking. Let that sink in.

Their recruiters are practically bought out from schools not worth naming. And they'll surely waste your time.

Interview Questions

• In 10 minutes, write about the most difficult obstacle you over came, what you learned from it, and how that lesson can be applied to this job.   1 Answer

Jul 18, 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is to consistently provide a positive candidate experience for all and it is disappointing to hear that was not the case. We are sharing this... More