John Hancock Internal Wholesaler Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Hancock Internal Wholesaler Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website. They sent me an email scheduling an in person interview. Lasted an hour and a half and I had 3 different 30 minute sessions. In total I met with 5 different people.

Interview Questions

I accepted another offer with a different investment management company

Other Interview Reviews for John Hancock

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

1) Apply online
    2) Personality Assessment
    3) In person interview. I had to prepare a 5min presentation on a topic of my choice that I gave to to managers. After the presentation I had 3-30min interview with two hiring managers at a time (a total of six managers). It was certainly a long and somewhat intimidating interview. I also had the opportunity to shadow a current Internal during this interview.

I was received a verbal offer a week after my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      General questions about financial markets and market outlooks
      Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Interview

3 round interview meeting with two people at a time. They want to see that you are knowledgeable about their investment products and the capital market. I wasn't knowledgeable about the market and knew the basics of the products they offered. If you want to be an Internal wholesaler you better know the market and have some background in the field this isnt for college grads like myself.

Interview Questions

• Why the field of investments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

I was referred in by an existing external wholesaler, even though they were looking for someone with 3 years experience and all their liscenses (right out of college I had neither). I had a very basic phone interview and was asked to come in for a half day interview. Met with sales managers & current internals. Wasn't my best interview and never got a call back even after I followed up with them.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite fund of ours, why you are excited about it, and role play selling it to us   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Very comprehensive interview.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Interview

First you will do an interview with H R. You will be interviewed by three managers at least. There is a personality test. You will have a chance to job shadow if they like you. They will usually decide fairly quickly and give you an offer. You can negotiate up 5k.