John Hancock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through college, interviewed on campus, invited back to main office for "Super day" which consisted of two more interviews and then a presentation on what makes John Hancock internship better than others.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Nov 7, 2017 – Campus and Sourcing Coordinator

We are excited to hear that you had a great experience with us! Candidate experience is important to us, so thank you for this valuable feedback.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted quickly after applying online. The HR rep was informative and helpful during the initial phone interview. I was invited into the office to interview, the interviewer was 10 minutes late and the front desk security could not get in touch with them. One of my scheduled interviewers did not show up. After I followed up with my interviewers/HR rep, I never heard from John Hancock again regarding my status. Any e-mail, positive or negative, from someone would have been great.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience, and we would love to understand more so we can follow up internally. If... More

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Got the interview invitation a week after submit the application. The interviewer was nice and friendly. The questions are mainly behavioral questions, wasn't to hard but need to prepare.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing a review on your interview experience. We constantly strive to improve and optimize the candidate experience, so we really appreciate your feedback.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process went for two weeks. And they declined me two weeks after, The total interview holding for 30 mins. It was a person to person interview. The HR pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• More about relevant experience. Like experience about my internship before or my intention to start my project.   Answer Question

May 8, 2017 – Campus Talent Acquisition & Social Media Specialist

Thank you for sharing this review. We constantly strive for the best candidate experience, and we are happy to hear yours was a positive one!

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application online on Sunday, received an email two days later to schedule a phone interview. Then had a second round phone interview two days after that. Both interviews were mostly behavioral questions, with a few basic finance questions (active vs passive management, etc.). I was told I would hear within a few days if I had made it to the final round. However, I never heard back - I followed up with the recruiter as well as the interviewer and never received a response. Obviously I did not get the position, but I'm not sure why they couldn't at least email me to let me know.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

May 22, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear your negative comments around your experience and we are sharing these internally. If you wish to follow up... More

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Interview

The HR Representative from JHI got in touch with me on Linkedin and after several back and forth emails, she arranged a screening call at the end of December. At the end of the call I posed on a question on sponsoring visa and permanent sponsorship, it seemed this question irked her and she went on this topic for the next 1 minute or so and then insisted that she will arrange another meetup by the following week. Its been almost 2 months now and I have not received any updates so far. I spoke to the HR Recruiter from JHI and she promised that she will pass on the feedback. I am still awaiting communication on this. Overall, I am extremely disappointed with the whole process and gives me a good insight on how JHI works. I would recommend staying away.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with one person who said I was perfect for the job and I would be invited back to speak to more of the team. Never heard from them again. No reply to my follow up attempts.

Interview Questions

John Hancock Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we're sorry to hear about your negative experience. We will share this internally. If you wish to follow up further, please feel free to reach out... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a campus job posting and was contacted to set up an on-campus interview. It consisted on back-to-back 30 minute interviews, one with a manager and one with an HR representative. The HR rep was friendly, but the manager was rude and condescending. I had a chance to talk to some of the first and second year staff members before the interview, who I found to be very helpful, and then the manager made negative comments about these employees for seemingly no reason. It seemed very unprofessional. It also bothered me how they were overly selective and acted like this was such a prestigious program, when it really is not. I didn't hear back from them yet and I'm not expecting an invite to the final round, nor do I want one. I interviewed with many companies and this experience stands out as being the most unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me?   1 Answer

Nov 28, 2016 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing a review of your interview. As we constantly strive to improve and optimize the candidate experience, we would welcome the opportunity to learn more from you. Please email us... More

Business Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was mostly questions about resume and getting to know candidate. The interviewer took some time to explain role and company. The interview process has one interview and then one in office "Superday". I was not invited to the superday after having a conflict with the date and was never given a reason as to why I was not invited otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you overcame a challenge in a group setting.   Answer Question

Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Providence, RI) in October 2016.

Interview

Two people in the finance department came on campus to interview me. They just asked me to go through my resume and talk about major points. At the time I was studying to get my CFA level 1 and they asked a lot of questions about that (how much I'm studying, how I make time to study, if I have a tutor, etc.). Both people were very nice and welcoming. I had not prepared detailed enough questions to ask because I was prepared to speak with an HR representative. Had I known I would be speaking with people in the department I was applying for I would have asked some questions about the DOL ruling or market volatility.
    Three weeks after the interview I got a very curt email saying I would not be getting a second interview.
    Overall this was a positive experience, I learned how valuable the questions at the end of the interview are and I learned that maybe a job in active asset management is not for me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking a job as an analyst as opposed to an investment banker or securities trader?   Answer Question