John Hancock Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.7

Senior Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not too bad. It was with 2 hiring managers who questioned me about my past insurance experience and also about the basics of life insurance products. One of the hiring managers was very laid back and made me feel very relaxed while the other hiring manager was very direct and intimidating. As a whole it was a great interview process and would advise those who do interview to review the basics of John Hancock Life Insurance products.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to somebody what Universal Life insurance is?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Completed a phone screen with the program manager and director of the PMO, followed by in-person interview with the hiring manager. The role was for a contract to hire position, and the process took about three weeks until my start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that a project did not go as planned, and what you did to resolve the issue.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening with member of HR. Went in to the office for 1:1 interview with hiring manager. Met with four different members of the team while at the office. Every member seemed very friendly and encouraging.

CPA Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Hancock.

Interview

2 30 minute interviews at school with 2 different people. Interviewed with the man in charge of the development program and with a woman from HR. Very nice and laid back interviewers. About a week before getting contacted for second round of interviews which take place at their office in Boston. 2nd set of interviews include a half day of being at their company from 8-2.

Interview Questions

• No questions were extremely difficult. Asked about who else I was interviewing with, describe a specific role I played in a group project, most difficult situation I dealt with at my previous job, asked if I was looking at Big 4 companies & why, describe yourself, talk about responsibilities at previous jobs, why did you choose your major, why did you choose your minor. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

CPA Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Hancock.

Interview

Back to back interview, 30 minutes each. One interviewer went over your resume and asked questions about your experience. The other one asked more specific qualification questions and behavior questions such as why this program, why John Hancock, give me a example to show how do you work in a team.

Interview Questions

• no very difficult question. very basic and common behavior questions.   1 Answer

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR person to go over the basic info on the resume
    On-site Interview with 2 person. 30 mins per person about technical skills and personal experience
    Got the offer the next day.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Hancock.

Interview

many behavioral questions, make sure to get info about the firm. The process ranged from anywhere between less than a week to over a month depending on the department.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. Be prepared and show off what you know.   Answer Question

Assist Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at John Hancock.

Interview

They asked the obvious questions and answered to the best of my ability. I went to the place and put in for the assistant manager position and the lady was really nice. She told me that they'll call me and i had the second interview about one week later

Interview Questions

Interview

Hires based on personality. If you have no sales experience, but you're very personable then the manager may offer you a position. and other managers will hire only based on experience. But since it is a sales position, they will mass hire

Interview Questions

• Give an experience of a time when a customer was unsatisfied and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Hancock (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through their online portal and through my university's online process (Hancock hires many students from my school). They got back to me within a week for a quick phone screening, and then scheduled my interview for the following week. I spoke with two sets of two people. The first part of the interview was more of a generic type. They asked me about things on my resume, outside interests, other working experience, pretty standard questions for an entry level position. The second interview was a technical interview. I was asked about specific domain knowledge about Excel, Access, and other oft-used programs for the job. I was also asked to solve a logic problem (calculating the degrees between hands on a clock at a certain time).

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were straightforward, the only one that required some real thinking was the logic problem. As long as you keep your head on your shoulders and know at least a little about Excel, none of them should be particularly hard to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was a co-op position facilitated by my university, there was no negotiations about salary. It was solely based on prior experience and exams passed.