John Holland Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at John Holland Group

Site Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Holland Group.

Interview

. Formal process which includes: Online tests, phone interview and face-to-face interview
    . Need to demonstrate depth of experience
    . Need to give specific examples for each answer
    . Know your CV well and have good contacts

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at John Holland Group (Brisbane (Australia)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by HR Manager and my supervising manager. Telephone call from Recruiting Officer with various questions . Following day Recruiting Officer telephoned to establish an appointment for an interview. Interview was attended with HR Manager and my supervising manager.

Interview Questions

• what was my day to day activities from previous role   1 Answer

Operational Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Holland Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2011.

Interview

Contacted by phone. Professional and clear. Interviewed by one HR and one Technical. Nothing unexpected, no formal tests. Conducted in their office. Was well prepared and able to answer all questions professionally. Whole process was professionally conducted, you could tell they were working from systems and procedures.

Negotiation

I foolishly told them my lowest figure, as I was keen to get the job. In hindsight they wanted me and I should have asked for much more and negotiated down if required.

Site Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Holland Group (Canberra (Australia)) in July 2010.

Interview

Formal but well structured, medical test results can take more than a week
    Interviewers were line managers and HR managers so had mix of generic as well as technical questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what experience made you grow learn the most   Answer Question

Negotiation

back and forth by email etc and negotiated acceptable pay by 4th day