John Lewis Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

2.8

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Selling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very easy going interview, I had a quick 1 to 1 interview, with the normal previous work questions, and then a group interview where as a team we answered 3 questions

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have taught another staff member something?   Answer Question
    • Group assessment; Name 5 ways to deliver good customer service? 5 ways to deal with complaint? 3 ways to learn product knowledge?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you have helped a customer   Answer Question
    • How do you deliver good customer service   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at John Lewis (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted through specialist resource agency and interview was mixed face-to-face and conference call. Agenda ran through background and positioning of existing programme and project activity of which one project was highlighted were there was a skill shortage and hence the reason that the interview was taking place.

Interview Questions

• Competency based interview on project management skills but the style did not follow behavioural criterion based questions. So would not ask the questions "Give me an example when you did [X] and show how it might relate to [the business/subject area for the role.? Then followed by "What were the challenges you faced and how did you resolve them?" with final last question "Were you successful?"   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at John Lewis (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

A very positive interview experience. First, a one to one session with an interviewer with some basic questions such as tell me about yourself, explain a situation where you've had to change your method of working, explain a situation where you've had to resolve a conflict with a colleague etc. This took around 15 minutes and was very relaxed - very friendly and enthusiastic interviewer.

The next was a group assessment where myself and two others had to come up with 5 ways to provide excellent customer service, 5 ways to deal with a complaint and 3 ways to expand knowledge on a products sold in store. During our discussion our interviewer watched and noted how we interacted with one another, without being involved in the process. This took around 15 more minutes with 5 minutes to feedback what we had come up with to our interviewer.

The whole process was very relaxed - all the interviewers were very friendly and welcoming. Between the one to one session and the group assessment we had a small break and we all chit chatted about TV shows and whatnot. It felt informal and was an excellent experience overall as I felt no pressure or nerves thanks to the atmosphere created by all involved.

My interviewer was very passionate and informative in all respects about the company and I felt welcomed by all there. Overall a very good impression and I look forward to starting soon!

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Read through a booklet on customer opinions and complaints. Rate the most important and how to tackle them. Recommend a product to the interviewer as if they were a shopper.

Sales Assistant - Various Departments Interview

Application

Interview

group interview followed by an individual interview. Group interview requires you to pretend you are providing info to new employees. Come up with 5 things to make good customer service, 5 things to effectively deal with a complaint, and 3 things to enable learning and development. 20 mins to discuss as a group and then present back to interviewer. individual interview allows them to get to know you more.

Interview Questions

• Have you been required to adopt a different approach to your work style? How was this?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at John Lewis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

They were critical however made me feel very comfortable. They asked me few technical questions but I was an intern so it wasn't all that bad. They were really nice but stern at the same time. My whole experience was jovial and thoroughly loved the experienced gained from them

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Group Interview- Group tasks where we had to sell items to a panel/ Group work with " customer situations" and then there was a 1-1 interview where you are invited to talk more about yourself.

Section Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

If successful at the initial Online tests (numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and situation based scenarios) invited to an interview.
    First part of the interview was to do a timed exercise, and produce a simple presentation to give to your interviewer. It's fairly easy if you know what you're doing and is basically a way to test whether you have the knowledge/ qualities to succeed in the role.
    Then follows the standard interview style questions (give me an example of when.../ what qualities could you bring to us? Etc etc)
    My interviewer also had some of his own questions just so he could find out a bit more about me as a person.
    It was all fairly informal and not 'intense' as some people fear interviews to be.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to change your approach   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you had to deal with pressure   Answer Question
    • Give me an example when you had to encourage others to work on something that perhaps they didn't initially want to   Answer Question
    • How would you integrate yourself with everyone else working here   Answer Question
    • What do you want to achieve (in your career/ in the next few years)   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

whole series of online psychometric tests, You have to pass each to get to the next stage
    assessment centre - 8 people around table discuss a given scenario. In this case it was prioritising work load, taking over a position where a person is on long term sickness, You have to get on with doing their tasks. Altogether there were 6/7 points You have to discuss them what needs to be done, with the other people at the assessment centre - Be sure to be vocal and make your point ( if you have any)
    Interview with Merchandiser - Interview was unlike any i have experienced previously.. the way it was conducted made to make you feel wary, it is very easy to miss what they are inadvertently asking you.

Interview Questions

• I asked the question about working hours - having already said to them that I would be happy to arrived early at work on a monday for 7am. one of the interviews said, Did I have commitments after 5.30pm - I answered the question knowing full well that it was in appropriate of him to ask me. You feel if you question it, you wont be made an offer..   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

interview + group assessment. Group assessment lasted 1 hour. Given scenario type questions and worked with other candidates. Interview was very easy. general interview questions. Keep smiling and show that you're able to show initiative when offering help to others