John Lewis Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

John Lewis Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.7

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at John Lewis (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The online process was the toughest part of all of it- once you're through that it was pretty easy... went for an interview had a 10 minute one to one and then got put in a group of three (there were 14 of us in total) - all we had to do was write out a handout for three different questions then tell our assessor in more depth!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to choose a job based on priority.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had to complete 3 tests as part of the application, all easy and testing your responses to situations, etc. Following the tests I was invited to an interview at the store. We started with some group exercises where we were asked to list 5 principles of customer service, how to deal with a complaint and how to approach customers. We then had to present to the interviewers our responses. After this, we had one to one interviews where you're asked what hours you'd work, what areas you don't feel you could work in, and more questions like "give an example of when you had to deal with a difficult customer", etc. My one to one interview was in a room where another individual was being interviewed at the same time. They ask for your proof to work to photocopy at the start of the interview. You are then given the verified photocopy to keep should they offer you the job. The interview lasted roughly 1 hr 15 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer.
      How would you deal with a customer complaint?
      How do you give great customer service?
      Answer Question

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completed the online assessments. Then I received a email to book a slot at a group interview. Ok arrival there was about 15 people waiting to start the group assessment. We played a standard food game then went on to have a 1:1 interview. I then received an email a few days later that I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've adapted to changed on your life?   1 Answer

Technology Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis.

Interview

The graduate scheme recruitment process consisted of an initial application in which information from the CV had to be reiterated, and other information filled in. Following this, I was prompted to complete a wide variety of online tests. These tests covered verbal reasoning, diagrammatic reasoning, numerical reasoning and a management suitability questionnaire. My scores in this stage were not sufficient to continue in the process, and I did not receive any feedback about why, or what were my shortcomings in the process.

Interview Questions

• Management suitability questionnaire, with questions on possible management scenarios, with responses to rate from best to worst   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis.

Interview

Aptitude questions on online application, situational judgement questions e.g. if you were about to go on your break, but the tills are getting busy what would you do? etc. Then group assessment centre- group task of problem solving then a one to one basic interview covers competency questions and behavioural- relaxed though

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you gave your knowledge to a customer
      Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer/colleague
      What are your strengths/weaknesses
      Answer Question

Graduate Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Lewis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application involving standard questions and online tests, followed by video interview then assessment centre in London. Draining but rewarding assessment- group exercise, presentation and individual interview. Really impressed by the whole business and the way candidates were treated.

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application with some simple situational tests then group assessment where you are divided up into tables of 4 to introduce yourself and go through more situational exercises. I was in smart shirt and trousers, but most people where in suit and tie.

Interview Questions

• Give an interesting fact about yourself.   1 Answer

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis (Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first stage was two online situational judgement tests followed by some general online application questions asking about experience and motives.

I was contacted by email and asked to attend a group assessment interview. The group interview was fairly straightforward, we were put into groups of 4 or 5 and asked to complete a prioritization task. The member of staff on our table was inattentive and spent most of the task on her phone.

The second part of the group interview was a short three question written test on how you would deal with situations on the work floor.

Finally we were asked to fill in a form detailing the hours we were willing to work.

I was contacted by email 4 hours after the interview and told I had got the job. However when the offer came through on the website, I saw I had been offered a catering role as opposed to the customer service role I applied and interviewed for. After consideration I decided to take a job elsewhere in a customer sales position.

Interview Questions

• A customer is interested in purchasing a new Coffee Machine and together you have identified a product that fulfills her requirements. How would you ensure that the customer purchases the product from John Lewis and not a rival store?   Answer Question

Selling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

Interview

Application was online. Very long and drawn out asking basic situational questions.

The actual interview was a group experience, there was no 1-1 involved. We were separated into groups of 4 and given blank sheets of paper then given specific scenarios and asked to confer amongst ourselves and work together to find the best outcomes.

The whole process was very easy, and indeed aimed at school-leavers, university students and people of pensionable age.

Interview Questions

• We were given a list of jobs that needed doing in the store and asked to put them in order of importance.   1 Answer

Seasonal Selling Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Group work try to get your point across but not be rude to others and a few questions to fill in on paper by yourself on how you would sell an item, remember never knowingly undersold, the returns policy has changed to 35 days and the guarantee on electrical items.

Interview Questions

• Order from least to most important stuff you should do on a day where one collegue is ill and the other turns up later   1 Answer