John Muir Health Medical Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Muir Health Medical Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at John Muir Health

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied on the John Muir website. I was contacted the next day she went over the available position and scheduled a interview. The interview consisted of 2 people interviewing me one went over my past work history and skills and the other one asked a number of clinical questions then I had to take a 10 question test about administering medications. A few days later I was contacted by a different lady who scheduled me with a second interview with HR. I was also sent a email that requires 2 of my previous managers to complete a survey about me. The second interview consisted of about 10 “explain a time...” questions. I was then offered the job. After that I was required to submit to a background check, complete a physical, blood work and a drug test. Then I was scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What injection is given at a 45 degree angle and what types of medication do you give using this method?   1 Answer
  • Where is a injection given at a 10 degree angle and what type of medical is given?   1 Answer
  • Where is the most accurate baby temperature taken and is it normally lower or higher that a normal temp.?   1 Answer
  • What shows a sign of infection on a UA?   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work for John Muir?   Answer Question
  • If you need to administer 200mg and the medication comes in 100mg per ml how many mls do you give?   1 Answer
  • What’s a normal O2 reading and when do you alert a MD?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult patient and how you handled it?   Answer Question
  • What’s a normal blood pressure reading?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work and how you fixed it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Muir Health

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Muir Health in May 2018.

Interview

I got a call a week after I applied on line. I went on a panel interview on a Monday. Everyone was positive and nice. I received an offer that Friday.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health.

Interview

The first interview was with the staffing pool manager and administrative manager. It consisted of 10 clinical and 10 math (measuring/dosage) questions. I got a call back the next day to meet with the HR manager & a back ground check to be completed online prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous manager say about you?   Answer Question
    • What is the normal 02 stat? When would you alert the doctor?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation you had with a patient and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for John Muir?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Concord, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

First I took a 20 question test re: medical terms and instruments. If you miss more than seven they have you review your answers and retake the test. Next I did a panel interview with the Float pool manager and clinical operations personnel. The third interview was with HR. It took about a week to hear back on getting the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends, nights and flexible shifts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

2 part interview process, first part is having critical thinking questions to ask as well as a quick dosage math test and clinical questions. 2nd part is interviewing with another recruiter to see to move forward with hiring. Also you undergo background check once called in for a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult patient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Muir Health (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR interview panel of 4. 2nd interview panel of 3 including Dr. Looking for the assistant. HR asked all of the administrative questions. Provider asked all of the clinical questions. Questions were just coming at me one after another, not much time to think. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. Left feeling very confident!

Interview Questions

• If we contact your present supervisor, what would they say about you?   1 Answer
    • How can you tell on a urine dip that a patient has a uti   1 Answer
    • What intramuscular injections have you given?   1 Answer
    • What is the intramuscular injection site muscle called?   1 Answer
    • What is a normal 02sat? When will you alert the Dr?   1 Answer