John Paul Mitchell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 6, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at John Paul Mitchell

Learning Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Paul Mitchell.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview about a month after submitting my resume and was first interviewed in front of the school board (about 6 people) then I got another call asking me to come back and shadow for about 3 hours and was offered a position while there shadowing

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to be an instructor? What is the best thing I can do for the students? Where do I see myself in the future? Do I see myself more as a classroom instructor or on the salon floor?   Answer Question

Enrollment Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Paul Mitchell in December 2014.

Interview

I'm very sorry to say that I was really disappointed with the lack of professionalism on the Managements part. I went into the interview; I'm qualified and have many years in the industry; I guess the interview went well; I don't see how it could have not; since I only got to say about 3 words during the 45 minute interview. At the end of the interview; the manager thought that I was over qualified for an Enrollment position and that I didn't have social media skills; (Just finished organizing my 3rd event on social media and Eventbrite for a book club that about 50 people show up every month for) but that not the worse of it. When I reached out to them to thank them for the interview and get an update; nobody would even respond! How awful is that?

Interview Questions

• Was not use to being interviewed; but not asked any questions; and when speaking about today's Cosmetology School challenges; there was no acknowledgement of a rapidly changing environment on the Cosmetology School front nationwide.   Answer Question

Service Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at John Paul Mitchell (Overland Park, KS) in February 2014.

Interview

I heard about the job through an employee at the school and submitted my resume and a little information about myself. I received a follow up call and we chatted a little about my background and passions. After that I had a one on one interview at the school and had the opportunity to tour and shadow so that I could get a real feel for their company culture!

Interview Questions

• How I deal with co-workers that I don't get along with   1 Answer

Service Desk Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Paul Mitchell (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online via craigslist and was called for an interview. Came in, had a standard interview just asking about future aspirations, what I know about PM, why I want to work there, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at John Paul Mitchell (Beverly Hills, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It depends on each situation and position. Usually the manager or the director will meet one-on-one and ask questions regarding what your interests are and where you see yourself in the future. They let you know what their expectations are and we go from there. There is really no trick to this, it is plain and simple and they really genuinely want to make sure that this is a good fit. No one is interested in hiring you based on your good interview skills, they also make sure to call prior employers and really learn about the kind of worker you are and your dedication to the company.

Interview Questions

• What I love to do and where I see my career going   1 Answer

Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Paul Mitchell (Sacramento, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The process was down to earth. I starting the process by leaving a voice message tone of the school owners about my interest in working there. I received a call back and had a pleasant conversation with the owner about my goals and interest. The conversation a great first step. After that I did a one on one interview with another owner and than the sales leader. My final interview was with the owner once again and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be chosen for this position?
      How are you with coaching others and being coached?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was not applicable. It was one offer and was told that was the starting point for all employees. Pay was very low. No benefits.

Learning Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Paul Mitchell (Sacramento, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview. Then you have a working interview where you preform a 15-30 min mock class on your chosen subject. After a final one on one interview, you may be offered a position.