John Perez Graphics & Design Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

John Perez Graphics & Design Project Manager Interview Questions

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Perez Graphics & Design in January 2013.

Interview

I sent in my resume via Craigslist. I was not told the company name and was called from a blocked number several times prior to being asked to come in. After my first interview, which was from 5:30 to 7:30 at night I was asked to come in and interview the next morning. They were aware that I had to work and was asked to miss work at my current position to come in for the second interview.

I was given an aptitude and behavioral test that had a lot of math questions and questions about drug use. It was stressed that if you did not get at least an 80 on the test you would not be considered for the position.

One strange thing that I did notice is that the person interviewing me gave me a lot of stories about current and former employees. Most of the stories were not flattering. He was telling me to demonstrate the type of employee that he did not want, however it was making me uncomfortable that he little to no respect for employees, even if they no longer worked there.

Interview Questions

• What type of phone do you have? If you are at a family dinner at night or on the weekend on your own time and I (the owner) call, would you leave dinner to come to work if needed?   Answer Question

Ultimately I was offered a position, however after reading reviews about the company and the vibes that I got from the interviews I decided not to take the position. Also, after being given the work schedule and the salary, I didn't feel that there was enough compensation for the 60 to 70 hours they were expecting.

Other Interview Reviews for John Perez Graphics & Design

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Perez Graphics & Design (Richardson, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Wants to know in-depth information about the candidate before providing any details about the company or the job. The workplace and work culture are portrayed to be very, very different from what you will actually encounter. Be sure you ask to see all documentation that you will be asked to sign as a condition of employment. Definitely, be sure to ask about the office rules list (you can be fired for using your cell phone during the day or for talking too much) and the highly restrictive non-compete agreement. Be sure to ask in-depth about the benefits. I was told that they were the "same benefits as any other company except for a 401k". False, you get absolutely zero vacation or sick time for the first year. After one year there is only one week of vacation time. No sick time, ever. Only pays half of medical insurance. No dental. Ask to see everything in writing before accepting a job at this place.

Interview Questions

• What kind of car do you drive? Are you married? Do you have kids? Are you a Democrat or a Republican?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Extremely low salaries. Again, be sure to ask in-depth questions about the benefits and the work hours (they are extremely long and you will not be able to take any time off for at least a full year).